Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • Champery World Champs – Let the Steepness Begin
  • geetee1972
    Free Member

Holy mother of god that a BIG line if you’re going to launch it. The discussion is whether to launch from where they are standing and then land the other side of the lower plateau:

Great except this what you’ll be hurtling into:

kudos100
    Free Member

I really hope it rains, much more fun in the wet (for us watching :-))

Edit: if anyone boots it off the top lip, I will be mightily impressed.

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Shame it is 15 euros on “free”caster

chvck
    Free Member

I think that 15 euros is rather good considering that they also show the whole world cup for free…

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

It looks bigger than it actually is, the lower plateau never used to be there (well, it wasn’t when we’ve ridden it over the years). It’s actually right about where you want to land. I guess the real quick guys will just hip it into the wall of the berm.

I love this track though, having ridden it a fair amount I still can’t quite get my head around how they get down it in sub 4 mins.

The steepness of some of the sections are just mind boggling, and to top it off, there is a proper big old set of jumps right at the bottom which require absolute commitment.

Polar opposite of the g*shfest of South Africa.

Blower
    Free Member

aye agree a right track this on,respect to the riders and how they do it..

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Launch, and make the corner? 😯 Looks proper scary even to mince down in dry conditions. Brake setup could make a huge difference; they’ll be on them a lot.

jam-bo

Will sam hill be on form?
    Will Gwin smash it again?

Shiny new carbon demo’s look tasty.

Blower
    Free Member

Hill still injured?

jam-bo

Probably but he’s riding.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Will Danny Hart give his dad a heart attack?

Will Moseley open up the throttle to try and retain her title against the flying banana et al.

Will Peaty stay inside the tapes?

Will Gwin cruise down and win by 5 seconds?

mikey74
    Free Member

Anyone know if it’s gonna be on Eurosport after the event?

Northwind

Worth the 15 euros IMO, just think of it as a season’s subscription that they forgot to ask for til now 😉 Should be great.

Blower
    Free Member

Northwind – Member

Worth the 15 euros IMO, just think of it as a season’s subscription that they forgot to ask for til now Should be great.

hmm yeah think i will get it on freecaster

downgrade
    Free Member

Yep, apart from the fact it makes ‘freecaster’ a daft name I think it will definitely be worth it, I’ve paid my monies already 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

Gutted I’m going to miss it.

Anyone in Dumfries area watching it and want someone else to come and split the bill? Will bring beer.

Diane
    Free Member

I can’t watch live as I’ll be riding. Would pay the fee – well worth it great entertainment and so exciting!. Does anyone know if you still need to pay the fee to watch after the event?

bikerbruce
    Free Member

we’re forgeting annie last will hopefully be in contention to win the u23 womens xc…. but holy **** that line is steep.

fbk
    Free Member

Can’t remember the last time so many people were in the running for this. On a great track too.

I’m just not sure about paying for freecaster after the hit n miss service in the past….

LoCo
    Free Member

Nuts line, that seems to be more of a large rut than a berm to land into at the speed needed to clear it 🙂

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

freecaster after the hit n miss service in the past….

Last year it was appalling. This year it is brilliant – no stutters or sillyness, on the mtbworldcup.com site.

carlosg
    Free Member
    Diane
    Free Member

Blimey! Normally headcam footage tends to flatten things out a bit but that looked pretty mental.

chvck
    Free Member

I’m really looking forward to seeing some utterly wild lines down this course!

carlosg
    Free Member

Blimey! Normally headcam footage tends to flatten things out a bit but that looked pretty mental.

Almost word for word my thoughts when I first saw the vid 😀

DT78
    Free Member

wow at that vid. I don’t think I could make it down that, let alone at warp speed.

kimbers

that kid was flying!

is anyone actually betting against gwin for this?

fbk
    Free Member

There’s another good vid Here Which looks genuinely scary – no mean feat for helmet cam footage!!

geetee1972
    Free Member

A few people I’ve spoken to who have tried to ride it say there are sections they just can’t get down clean. And these people can ride pretty well.

bigG
    Free Member

jings crivens and help ma boab,, no thanks..

grahamt1980

Bonkers videos. Some bits look ok (ish), but other sections you just think there is no way I would even go near that

steffybhoy
    Free Member

It’s a mans course, and I’m a baby.

Northwind

I think I could get down it. Wouldn’t be too ashamed to be proved wrong though. But I know I couldn’t ride it.

Always makes me think of innerleithen with the y axis turned up

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I could ride that, probably have to drop my saddle tho’ 😉 😀

loddrik
    Free Member

Should’ve held it at Leith Hill, that’d sort out the men from the boys…

Gary_C

Have a look at a local having a play !

‘kinell !!! 😯

jam-bo

steep tracks just take a bit of getting used too. with the right bike and the right head on, i reckon could get down it.

but it wouldn’t be fast and it wouldn’t be pretty.

GW
    Free Member

Northwind – it’s nothing like innerleithen no matter what axis you **** with.
    it’s not that difficult to get down, racing down it is an entirely different prospect tho.

A few people I’ve spoken to who have tried to ride it say there are sections they just can’t get down clean. And these people can ride pretty well.

I rode it back in 2008, I only rode it once due to the lift access so rode it blind and there was only one section I had problems with, it was a section where you had to get high on a steep l/h bank to make a 90deg(ish) right turn and imediately drop into the next off camber section which had a big compression (the one in vids from 2007 where lots of WC racers got panned out the front door). most of the difficulty came from trying to make the turn on a washed away bank. it was nothing any decent DH rider wouldn’t get right with a bit of sectioning (but being so steep it’s not exactly an easy track to section ;). 44secs in on this vid (before it was as washed away)
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu6NZaIqkv4[/video]

robsoctane
    Free Member

I’m gunning for our Mr Hart. He’s kicked some butts this year & I see him as THE next big star… Bloody great to watch & never scared of having fun on his bike. What a young legend he is…

Go on Danny :wink:!

Northwind

GW – Member

Northwind – it’s nothing like innerleithen no matter what axis you **** with.

No? Fair enough then- just seems that way to look at them, same basic ingredients but with the huge difference in gradient to turn it upside down.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Champery World Champs – Let the Steepness Begin’ is closed to new replies.