Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • chainstay tape – link pls
  • fozzybear
    Free Member

someone linked to some chainstay tape recently looks like an inntertube in a tin and it was self sticky.

any idea where/who it was please?

thx

mikey74
    Free Member

Sounds like handlebar tape to me :mrgreen:

fozzybear
    Free Member

har harrr!! 😛

seanodav
    Free Member

Bike tart at a guess

fozzybear
    Free Member

seanodav thanks…
    was driving me POTTY
    http://www.biketart.com/products/framewrap
    framewrap!! so obvious NOW..!

ferrit
    Free Member

Anyone got any experience of this stuff? Looks good but can't really tell how thick it is. Is it enough to stop the metal slap for more than a few rides?

fozzybear
    Free Member

personally not a clue sorry, going to try some..

seanodav
    Free Member

As its a tape it can be wrapped more than once, so can be as thick as you like i suppose, no personal experience tho sorry

Jenga
    Free Member

An old inner tube? Just as good, free and if put on carefully looks quite good.

ferrit
    Free Member

Yeah, currently on old inner tube but always comes unwound after a bit, seemingly no matter how many zip ties!

I may be becoming a tart though. Damn.

Olly
    Free Member

if i could be bothered to be a PROPER STWW:

i would go and find a picture of a burst inner tube, and a seperate picture of a packet of zipties, and a final picture of a clock (as it doesnt take long)

but im not

so i wont

hummm, tempted to go and get a picture of a jam tart now too….

tart

uplink
    Free Member

Looks like self amalgamating tape to me – which is what I use

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/-Self-Amalgamating-Tape-19mm-x-10-Metres-LNB-Tape_W0QQitemZ380101639955QQcmdZViewItem

Frame wrap indeed 😀

dickie
    Free Member

I just use handlebar tape, have done for a long time now. And a pack does a few bikes. Its sticky on the back & secured woth a band on insulating tape at each end.

Tim
    Free Member

zip tie and inner tube 🙂

tonyplym
    Free Member

uplink beat me to it – it does look like standard electrician's self-amalgamating tape – which you should be able to get from any local Maplins store or yacht chandlers.

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

self amalgamating tape can also be got from a motor factor as temporary hose repair tape.

sslowpace
    Free Member

As BP just said, radiator hose repair from halfords does the job well.

devs
    Free Member

I'm with uplink. Been using the stuff for years on a variety of things ever since I first started using it in 86 as a good emergency repair solution. It's cheap on ebay but free from the same place as free helicopter tape. Makes a neat tidy and effective chainstay protector.

uplink
    Free Member

Have a word with Ton he works for distributor that sells that sort of stuff – should be able to get you a good price

buly79
    Free Member

I've got some of this on my bike Fozzy mate, works spot on got it wrapped around twice. The good thing about it is that no grit can get underneath it when its on, so can't grind away at the paint unseen.

fozzybear
    Free Member

cheers buly, you use the plumbers tape i take it?

Gilesey
    Free Member

£1.85 from screwfix: Self-Amalgamating Tape

buly79
    Free Member

Sorry Fozz I meant the framewrap from biketart. That other stuff does look the same though. I've got it wrapped around two and a half times, still not a mark on it from a lot of chainslap over a good few months now.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘chainstay tape – link pls’ is closed to new replies.