• This topic has 42 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Sui.
Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Chainsawists Recommendations for a new one
  • timber

If you’re usage is high, the E10 is fine as you won’t be storing it for long and only spends about 30-40 minutes in the saw. Always work to empty has been the case for years with softer carb’ jets.
    I’ve just been getting E5 during slacker periods.

Aspen just hasn’t made sense to us for our level of usage. Very expensive when using close to 10l fuel/saw/week for 2 of us. There are many other things to fail at this usage that will negate any fuel line degradation and they are only fiddly, not impossible, to replace.
    Would be more tempted if it was just stuff at home.

Kuco

We use it in mowers, strimmers, chainsaws, blowers, disc cutters, polesaws, hedge trimmers, small 2″ pumps, and even our small outboards but I admit it’s not cheap to buy, and I’m glad I don’t have to personally pay for it.

Sui
    Free Member

@neilnevill Avgas is a broad range gasoline cut that includes, but not limited to alkylate, lots of iso paraffins, aromatics and olefins then with a small amount of lead to get the MON up (this is changing as the last European supplier is shutting up shop). Aspen fuel is the alkylate fuel. No aromatics, so it’s nice to work around, that’s the whole point of it, it produces vastly bless particulates so localised air quality is better (co2 remains the same). If kit is bringing up after you use it, it will be down to the cleaning effect, and or potentially seal swell reversal (normal fuels contain aromatics, if you switch after a long period of time to alkylate fuels, the seals can contract and go brittle, it’s relatively uncommon but can happen). Worst issue is E10 ( of it’s actually there), most garden machinery simply doesn’t like it it, it beaks down the rubbers and plastics..

Sui

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Chainsawists Recommendations for a new one’ is closed to new replies.