Viewing 4 posts - 121 through 124 (of 124 total)
  • Chain lubes, what’s the holy grail all rounder de jour?
  • iamtheresurrection

I’m clearly in a room of one. Still think Finish Line Wet is the quietest, nicest chain lube. Cassette and chain clean up like a shiny new thing every few rides in about two minutes, and it takes all of two minutes to relube.

Tried every thing else, never found anything better. All the ceramic stuff I’ve tried is noisy or not long lasting, Putoline is filthy (comparatively).

The only other lube I once loved was Phil’s Tenacious. It was about 25 years ago, but one drop per link lasted ages, it was very quiet and clean enough. Keep meaning to buy more, but 4x the cost of FL Wet in the UK.

bear-uk
    Free Member

Chainsaw oil for me as my Ebike will stretch and knacker a chain every 500 miles or so, there’s no point in anything fancy.

sturdylad
    Free Member

I’ve been running Putoline for a few months now.
    Still on my first application on the mountain bike and it’s really good.
    Had dusty, wet, and now proper wet gritty/sandy rides and it’s still nice and quiet.
    I took some photos after today’s ride that shows how the muck just washes off.
    I think it’s probably due another hot bath now but I want to see how long it will go before it REALLY needs doing.
    The chain is a bit short so not too bothered about a bit of excess wear if it comes to it.
    The test will be next time I take the bike out I guess as I had to wash the chain of quite well this time (only with water though)
    When I can remember how to post pictures I’ll share some

sturdylad
    Free Member

Oh and if anyone is near Milton Keynes and wants to try it, bring me a clean chain and a few beer tokens and I’ll pop your chain in the cooker!

Viewing 4 posts - 121 through 124 (of 124 total)

The topic ‘Chain lubes, what’s the holy grail all rounder de jour?’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM