Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cervelo s1 anyone got one
  • sefton
    Free Member

whats it like?

sefton
    Free Member

no one?

billysan
    Free Member

Ive got one

Absolutely love it. Ignore all the critisism that its too stiff to ride any distance. If it fits properly, and you are comfortable, then its fine! Have done numerous centuries (including some hilly Welsh sportives) on this without issue.

Drop me an email if you want any mroe info.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I have one, it is my second one. I had a 56cm in red and white which I ran with a 90mm stem. My colleague had a 54 with a 110mm stem which I tried and it felt better so now I have one of those in black and red instead but is yet unridden.

The first one covered quite a few thousand miles as a commuter and I loved it. It wasn’t really designed for pootling about though, it always made you feel it needed to be ridden hard. I think the new one will be out this weekend if the weather stays dry.

sefton
    Free Member

you can get the frames for around £800 now!

I’m thinking of changing my PX SL for one – looks like the sizing can be tricky tho best to get down to a dealer I think.

I’m 5 10″ and usually have a 56.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I am also 5ft 10 so you are on the cusp of sizes really. If you are near Northampton or Milton Keynes you could try mine for size.

sefton
    Free Member

cheers mate, but I’m in Bolton

my px is a large 56 with an 90mm stem

Mister-P
    Free Member

One thing to consider is the cheaper frames are likely to be 56 and 58 only anyway. The UK importer hasn’t had any 54 frames for quite a while. Mine was one of the very last that came into the UK.

billysan
    Free Member

My one above is a 56cm with 110cm stem. The bars are compact drop ergonovas however so do reduce the reach a bit. I have 56cm cannondale Six too that I run with a 100cm stem. Cervelo’s do seem to come up a bit small, therefore test ride if you can.

sefton
    Free Member

what did you guys ride before?

I have a pl x sl with RS80’s (its all I know though rd wise)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cervelo s1 anyone got one’ is closed to new replies.