Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • CCTV set ups
  • steveh

I’m hoping someone here can help suggest a cctv system to cover my house, garage etc. My neighbour had her bike store broken in to last night and it’s pushed me to consider my security some more. 2 cameras minimum but could use up to 4 – easy installation etc.

Can anyone help?

dooosuk
    Free Member

Screwfix have a couple of systems but no idea if they’re any good. (Yale and Swann)

I’ve just installed a single 1080P wifi camera from ebay (£40) and stream it straight to the cloud (angelcam.com) instead of an NVR/DVR.

steveh

I’ve already got a Yale alarm from screwfix on my garage so will look at those too. How easy was the set up to stream to the cloud?

I’d like a camera on the garage too ideally looking back and that’s at the edge of my wifi range.

dooosuk
    Free Member

Pretty easy as it just asks you for your external IP and then guides you through the rest. (had to configure port forwarding on my router for the rtsp stream though).

If it’s on the edge of your wifi coverage then I suspect you’ll be better off wired.

ton

steveh, we sell cctv.
    basic good quality kit will cost £178.95+ vat

4 x 800tvl cameras
    1 x 1tb dvr. it is a scanning model.

download the app to your phone, scan the unit, hey presto..on the cloud.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Could be interested Ton – email in profile

alanf
    Free Member

Also interested in this Ton, could you pass on some more details?
    You’re in Wakey aren’t you?
    I’m just over the border in Barnsley.

steveh

Hi Ton.
    What’s the installation like on that kit? Is it all hard wired? Thanks

ton

What’s the installation like on that kit? Is it all hard wired? Thanks

it is mate…..rg59 and power.

to be honest, most of the trade wont touch wireless, far too many glitches on wireless.

steveh

Have you got a link or any information I could look at. Sounds like it could work out if I’m clever with camera positions. Probably wouldn’t use all 4 but could get 2 or 3 in.

ton
    jimdubleyou

to be honest, most of the trade wont touch wireless, far too many glitches on wireless.

I can confirm this (with a sample size of 1).

I have a CCTV camera on my shed – it pretty much has to be wireless (until I build a new garage and have a cable run out there) and even with a repeater in the kitchen it’s off more than it’s on*.

*please don’t let the local scrotes know.

steveh

Thanks Ton. Will have a look at it and figure out what I could do for installation.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘CCTV set ups’ is closed to new replies.