Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • CBD in non alcoholic beer. WTF?!
  • phil5556

Who knew this was a thing? And that if you say “I’ll try the other IPA” when you’re in a bar you might get served this.

IPA

IMG_8146

radbikebro

CBD isn’t THC, it’s not a psycho-active substance – it’ll just give you a ‘calm’ which is exactly what beer does, so really not very WTF?! at all.

anderzz
    Free Member

Well that’s now added to my shopping list.

I like cbd drinks. Since quitting alcohol they give me something nice to drink.

kelvin

Brulo are hit and miss. I’ll give that one a go though.

13thfloormonk

Well they evidently saw me coming. Would gladly try one anyway

martinhutch

How does 35mg compare with other ways of ingesting it?

mattyfez

How does 35mg compare with other ways of ingesting it?

35mg in a can of beer is verging on homeopathic amounts of dilution, hahah.

It’s more marketing than anything.

martinhutch

That’s what I suspected, given that a person could sip one can or casually demolish 12 in a sitting.

alpin
    Free Member

Seems a bit pointless to me. Alcohol free beer isn’t beer and CBD does nothing for me.

I’d rather a proper pint and joint.

doris5000

CBD isn’t THC, it’s not a psycho-active substance – it’ll just give you a ‘calm’

I tried CBD oil to see if it would help me sleep. The first night, I lay awake with my mind racing until 4am, then got up and nailed a few whiskies until I dozed off.

The next night, I tried half the dose, and despite being incredibly tired, couldn’t sleep til 5am!

So that was a bit of a washout. I used the rest of the bottle, but took it in the mornings to get the most out of the stimulant effect…

blokeuptheroad

I also tried CBD oil to help with sleep. It had zero effect on my sleep or anything else. Except my wallet.

mattyfez

A problem with OTC CBD products is they are extremley low concentrations, and cost a fortune.

Something like this, for example is £50…

https://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/reakiro-cbd-oil-1000mg-60046678

for one gram in 10mls of carrier oil, Hemp Seed Oil in this instance.

You’d probably have to be necking a whole bottle a day for any sort of dose that could be considered theraputic, and at £50 a pop, not very good value.

Thier suggested serving size is:

Serving size 5 drops
    Amount CBD per serving 16.7mg
    Servings per container 60

Which is frankly laughable…it’s pure homeopathy territory.

politecameraaction
    Free Member

A lot of CBD on sale is reconstituted from white powder sent across from China. Maybe the brewer uses a more natural product – I know nothing about them in particular.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/High-quality-99-CBD-powder-hemp_1600547897070.html?spm=a2706.7843667.0.0.325a2c84kNZYWu&siteName=www.alibaba.com&redirect=1

mattyfez

Hell-to -the-no with that idea!

A white powder from china via alibaba.. just no!

The extract should be a distiled oil extract from the plant, in the same manner as essential oils for aromatherapy are produced.

mattyfez

I like how you can buy it in ‘butt plug’ format.. just incase you dont fancy eating it 😀

phil5556

OK so the “WTF” might have been a bit strong, but still, I was very surprised.

Now imagine you’re in a job that has random drug testing and CDB *can* show up as a positive in the test due to the potential for THC to be present, despite CBD itself being fine. It’s not ideal.

brant
    Free Member

I’m a big fan of the Impossibrew range. They’re 0.5%, don’t have CBD in, but other “nootropics” which seem to do the trick. £2.50 a can which I’m sure will make some on here wince, but it’s less than I was spending on DIPA’s previously 🙂

bikesandboats
    Free Member

Now imagine you’re in a job that has random drug testing and CDB *can* show up as a positive in the test due to the potential for THC to be present, despite CBD itself being fine. It’s not ideal.

I think this is more of an issue with “full spectrum” products, where all the cannabinoids have been taken from hemp (which will contain a tiny amount of THC) and put into the product, unlikely to be an issue with CBD isolate as far as I know.

As others say the amount in that drink isn’t like to do much and full spectrum products are going to give more of an effect.

pedlad

It may have changed but CDB products were a bit of a wild west with almost no regulation. A lab company I know carried out lots of testing a few years ago and found a decent number of products did contain the psychoactive substance THC as well….so carrying a risk (small) that someone may fail an employers drug test having been nowhere near a spliff!

BruceWee

I like how you can buy it in ‘butt plug’ format.. just incase you dont fancy eating it 😀

That’s more worthy of a ‘WTF!’, imo.

kormoran
    Free Member

I had the other brulo non alcoholic IPA at the weekend, the non CBD one. It was very nice and would have again. 

TiRed

so carrying a risk (small) that someone may fail an employers drug test

Not to mention driving under the influence of drugs if stopped.

‘butt plug’ format

The French love a good pessary. It’s an effective route of administration for those who can’t swallow a tablet. Less popular over here.

politecameraaction
    Free Member

‘butt plug’ format

All I said was for all the good it did me, I might as well have stuck it up…

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.