Viewing 11 posts - 561 through 571 (of 571 total)
  • Casual racists
  • rudebwoy
    Free Member

And I would expect someone who is gay to be offended if I called them a Faggot.

(Not a perfect example admittedly, but it kind of gets the point accross)

like the scarecrow havin a tug, you’re clutchin at straws again…

Drac

and a significant number of people of that heritage have said they find it offensive

A few have on here and as pointed out some of those few were actually talking about themselves being called by that name. You sound like a Loreal as with your significant number.

piemonster

Went out for a curry last night, can I call it that racist derogatory term for people who wear turbans?

The term you’d expect a stereotyped 1980’s skin head to describe anyone that wears a turban.

yunki
    Free Member

why was my post removed..?

It made a valid point and the controversial word used was no more or less offensive than the numerous other times it has been used in this thread.. and possibly no more offensive than some of the other words being discussed..

I got a lovely jerk chicken and callaloo from that new place in town the other night..

That particular piece of moderation seems bananas (or was it plantains..?)

nealglover
    Free Member

nealglover= you are like the proverbial scarecrow having a tug–you’re clutching at straws again..

It’s a valid example of the difference between calling a person something, and using the same word to describe food.

Nobody here has said they call Chinese people by that word.

And nobody Chinese has commented on being offended by what people call food (yet)

gordimhor

Well surely you can call it what you like piemonster, we all have the right to free speech so if you say something or post something that might cause offence don’t be surprised if it does we are all responsible for our own actions

piemonster

I wondered that Yunki, why I just posted in fact

yunki
    Free Member

seems that what we describe food as IS offensive enough to have the post removed from the forum..

davidjones15
    Free Member

why was my post removed..?

Was it removed?
    Well I guess it is offensive to use a racial slur to talk about food.
    Who’d have thunk it?
    I wonder who complained about that, but not about the views that support the removed post.

piemonster

Well surely you can call it what you like piemonster

Doubt it, they wouldn’t serve me if I called it that.

nealglover
    Free Member

seems that what we describe food as IS offensive enough to have the post removed from the forum..

Presumably there is a Broacasting Standards Commission report saying that “N*****r Food” is an accepted term that “when used as the name of a type of restaurant or meal, rather than as an adjective applied to a person or group of people, the word carries no racist connotation.”

??

Viewing 11 posts - 561 through 571 (of 571 total)

The topic ‘Casual racists’ is closed to new replies.