Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Carboncycles Rigid Forks – anybody got any?
  • ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Have been looking for a rigid fork and have been interested to look at the carboncycles forks on fleabay.

Anybody got one? Good or bad experiences? Nice ? Horrid? Crap customer service? Good?

I ask as they will do me a custom one inch version. I wont buy Pace and the options are pretty limited on inch disk forks unless I spend a fortune.

brant
    Free Member

Made by Meks in Taiwan by the look of things.

http://www.mekkem-parts.com/about/?lang_id=0

I’ve never heard a bad thing about them to be honest, but do bear in mind there are a load of similar looking forks coming out of there with more/less carbon/glass fibre in.

monkeyfiend
    Free Member

I have a set of their aluminium suspension corrected rigids on my SS commuter. Their service was fine, and the forks are one of the ‘does exactly what is says on the tin’ type. Occasionaly do light off roading with them, so I think they’ll last a very long time.
    Had them around 3 years now.

Phill

s8tannorm
    Free Member

I’ve git some on the ss … can’t fault them. They certainly take a bit of chatter away compared to the steel forks they replaced. Customer service was fine, ordered and here 48 hours later.

jad
    Free Member

I’ve got them. Used all winter. Excellent and Identical to White Brothers but half the price.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

brant, whats a good percentage mix on the carbon? I ask as the mekkem guys you linked too can do me a inch one with a croMo steerer and price is circa 72 bucks which is very very tempting… or should I look for test results from them? I guess the carbon legs will be identical to those in an inch eight set so fully tested. Then the steel steerer looks bonded into the crown, which I assume is alu…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Carboncycles Rigid Forks – anybody got any?’ is closed to new replies.