Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Carbon fork for a croix de fer?
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

So far I’ve seen the official genesis offering, the ritchey cross fork, and something by whiskey ..all at around 350 quid which is a bit steep for a frame that cost me about half that.

At the other end of the spectrum I see hylix do straight steerer forks, but I’m a bit reluctant to buy ‘ebay carbon’, despite it no doubt being just as safe as the big brands.

So anyone know any other straight steerer fork options…needs to be around 400mm..alu or carbon steerer?

joshvegas
    Free Member

We all stuck kinesis forks on the bargain plug 5 thread.

scotroutes

Van Nicholas SLX.

joshvegas
    Free Member

DC37 was the firk looks like they may be discontinued.

Worth digging the plug 5 super thread up as that had alot of fork chat/soneone might be breaking

tpbiker
    Free Member
    cromolyolly
    Free Member

around 350 quid which is a bit steep for a frame that cost me about half that.

You got a bargain frame!

Exotic forks seem to be popular for reasonably priced forks. Think their road forks were 40 something offset though.

iainc

They used to o a lovely OEM one on the Croix De Fer 30, I guess it was too expensive…

https://www.evanscycles.com/genesis-croix-de-fer-30-2015-adventure-road-bike-EV223048

zilog6128

Don’t know if you can still get them but my LBS stuck some Lynskey Endurance carbon forks on my CDF about 4 years ago, have been brilliant, done all sorts, light touring etc. Cost me £230 inc fitting

scandal42
    Free Member

I have just had some of those Brother Kepler forks delivered for a re-purposing of my Charge Plug.

Seems very nice.

TiRed

The Ritchey fork is excellent. I have the road and canti cross versions. You might pick one up cheaper on the bay, but they are very good.

Daffy

I wouldn’t both with any of those alloy steer/carbon forks as they’re all closer to 1kg than they are to 400g which is what you’d expect of a decent carbon fork.

When I last looked, the Hylix forks had a very small A-C height and so very poor tyre clearance. The Ritchey fork has similar problems and I think is rated for 28mm max tyres. The Whisky Products no-7 was the only one I was that had it all, but at a massive cost.

Personally, I would’t bother spending £350-400 on a decent fork or £120 on a crap one. Either ride it like it is or buy a new frame and fork for £400 or £800 dependent upon steel/Alu/Ti.

cyclistm
    Free Member

I have a fork from a Kinesis Pro 6 CrossLight V2 in metallic blue I could be willing to part with cheaply if that’s any use to you?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Carbon fork for a croix de fer?’ is closed to new replies.