Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Car woes, i10 gear / shifting issues?
  • argee

After the nightmare of our Kuga falling apart again and now requiring an ECU replacement, i bought a 2019 i10 last week to tide us over and be a little runner, but after 4 days of ownership, it’s developing a bit of a shifting issue, where it’s quite stiff to get it into 1st gear, and it struggles from 1st to 2nd with engaging, sometimes popping back out, not seen this happen on other changes, and changing from 1st to 3rd has no issue.,  Reverse gear is also really stiff to disengage to neutral, although this may be a characteristic i’m guessing.

Getting tired of cars, had two written off in 3 years, replaced with a car that has fallen apart regularly, so bought the i10 as a simple petrol non turbo car, and it’s already being a pain within a week!

argee

Should’ve added, i know this could be one of many issues, clutch, gearbox damage (especially 2nd gear), clutch cable, etc, etc, but looking to see if anyones had or heard of similar, didn’t think a 2019 car with 50k miles would have a failing gearbox or clutch this early?!

airvent
    Free Member

Try changing the gearbox oil first

5lab

Isn’t it under Hyundai warranty? Just send it to a dealer to sort

It sounds like the clutch isn’t fully disengaging, are you sure you’re depressing it fully and there’s not a floor mat or something caught under the pedal?

argee

No floor mats, pedal is functioning as it should, tiny bit of freeplay in the clutch pedal, but nothing stopping it engaging/disengaging, haven’t looked under the car, so probably take it back and have them check it for any issues with the oil/cable/other basic stuff.

BoardinBob

Sounds like when the selector cables were on their way out on my Fiat Doblo

matt_outandabout

+1 on is it inside either Hyundai warranty or dealer you bought from warranty/ responsibility?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM