Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • car help please
  • Gooner
    Free Member

i know nothing about cars!
    my father in law has an old fiesta (probably 5 – 10 years old, i am not sure exactly) and he has recently had a new battery fitted
    however when he collected the car the radio did not work and it needs some sort of code which he cannot find

is there anywhere that he can get the code? pref without too much (if any cost)

thanks

coffeeking
    Free Member

Ford will have it. Some internet sites will be able to identify it for you. A ford-fan will be along soon to sort your question, but if not just ask the dealer. They may charge a small amount. You'll most likely need a few details of the car such as, but not limited to and not necessarily all of…. the VIN, the stereo serial number, the car reg number.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Most local car electrical places will do it for about £15/£20 (give a new code). Or have it removed altogether for less.

Or just swap the radio for an identical one from Ebay that has already been de-coded such as….

Or try calling the original selling garage – they MAY have the code on file. Worth a punt.

No doubt there will be loads of linkies on t'web about how to do it too.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

And just spotted this….
    For 99p

Gooner
    Free Member

cheers mastiles, think i might give that a go
    otherwise local ford dealer will do it for £20

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

You could try pulling the radio out and looking on it, incase a previous owner has written on it.
    It's often written in the owner's manual too.

midlifecrashes

Dig around in the service book folder, there will have been a little card in there once.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘car help please’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM