Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Canyon Spectral:ON CFR LTD review
  • Mark

The Canyon Spectral:ON CFR LTD is the top of the model range: RockShox Ultimate Flight Attendant system controls a 150mm travel Lyrik and a SuperDelux …

By mark

Get the full story on our front page at:

Canyon Spectral:ON CFR LTD review

Support us from less than £0.06/day and help us keep the content flowing by becoming a full member.

honourablegeorge

Yeah, that integrated bar/stem would put me right off. That new Trek has it too, its an expensive way to make a bike less adjustable.

gazzab1955

Just for a change …. how many batteries!!!!!
    So before you go out on your new toy you have to ensure all the batteries are charged or “usable” and I assume carry spares (AAA, CR2032, etc), what a faff. I recently started a thread in the forum, “Are MTB’S getting too complicated”, this is exactly the type of bike I was alluding to.
    Then there’s the price, I know it’s “top of the range”, but any manufacturers bike with a £10k+ price tag is a rich man/woman’s toy.

tomhoward

The CR2032 batteries in the shifters last years, so no need to carry spares. I imagine the same for the AAA. The batteries in the mechs and shocks last 20-40 riding hours (IME it’s on the higher end of estimates). As a ‘thing to worry about before you ride’ it’s pretty low on my worry list. Plus even if one does die, they’re all swappable, so it’s not a ride ender.

Then there’s the price, I know it’s “top of the range”, but any manufacturers bike with a £10k+ price tag is a rich man/woman’s toy.

Meh 🤷

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Been a while since I’ve seen a review for a bike with so many negative points.
    It just looks awful, in so many ways.

( and I don’t mean visually)

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

8 batteries and not much seems upgradeable or serviceable. I really hope most bikes don’t end up like this! Thankfully the lower end ones only have the main battery.
    The “sump” also seems very exposed to rock strikes?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.