The Canyon Spectral:ON CFR LTD is the top of the model range: RockShox Ultimate Flight Attendant system controls a 150mm travel Lyrik and a SuperDeluxe rear shock delivering 155mm of travel.
- Brand: Canyon
- Product: Spectral:ON CFR LTD
- From: canyon.com
- Price: £10,299 inc. VAT, customs duties and import costs (shipping and bike box cost not included)
- Tested by: Hannah for 3 months
The Canyon Spectral:ON CFR LTD’s power is delivered through the Shimano EP 8 motor to mullet wheels, and 155mm rear/150 front suspension. SRAM Code RSC brakes do your stopping, and SRAM AXS with Flight Attendant system keeps everything moving forward and bouncing about as you’d want.
Three things I liked
- More lively than many full fat ebikes, it feels fast and agile, and happy to get air
- Point and pedal. The bike just works, and Flight Attendant helps keep it that way
- Excellent traction – there’s never any need to wrestle the bike
Three things I’d change
- So. Many. Batteries. I hope you’re more organised than me!
- The integrated handlebar and stem combo is stiff and removes flexibility in the set up
- The charger cover could be neater for a bike at this price
Members Only content continues…
You could join them and open up this and countless other articles and reviews from just £0.06/day!
All members get..
- Exclusive members only content
- Digital back issues
- New issues via iOS/Android App
- Ad free website
- Merch discounts
- Downloads, GPX files, PDFs, iBooks
Print+ members also get..
Next available print copy of Singletrack magazine posted to you. Each issue contains 148 pages of perfect ride inspiration, opinion, adventure and reviews.
- or £3.99/ month
- Direct Debit or Card
A message from all of us at Singletrack magazine
We need your help
For over 20 years Singletrack has been a source of information, news and entertainment for millions of mountain bike enthusiasts and as an important focal point for an amazing community of like minded riders from around the world. But it has also been a provider of jobs and income for dozens of families of our team as well as a source of revenue for hundreds of freelance contributors.
We want to keep going through this uncertain period and create great content to inform and entertain you, but we will need your help to do it. More than anything else we want to have a reciprocal relationship with you and the best way to make that happen is through our memberships. We’d love you to join us as a paid member of the Singletrack community – we promise you a return on your investment through the content we have and will create for you.
Canyon Spectral:ON CFR LTD specification
- Frame // CFR Carbon, 155mm
- Shock // RockShox SuperDeluxe Ultimate Flight Attendant
- Fork // RockShow Lyrik Ultimate Flight Attendant, 150mm, 44mm offset
- Wheels // DT Swiss HXC1501
- Front Tyre // Maxxis Assegai 29×2.5in
- Rear Tyre // Maxxis Minion DHR II 27.5×2.6in
- Chainset // Shimano STEPS, 165mm
- Drivetrain // SRAM XX1 Eagle AXS 12-speed
- Brakes // SRAM Code RSC, 203/203mm rotors
- Stem // Canyon:ON CP12 carbon cockpit, 50mm
- Bars // Canyon:ON CP12 carbon cockpit
- Grips // Canyon Lock-on
- Seatpost // RockShox Reverb AXS
- Saddle //Fizik Terra Aidon X5
- BB // Shimano
- Size Tested // M
- Sizes Available // S, M, L, XL
- Weight // 22.85kg
Geometry for our size M test bike:
- Head angle // 65.5°
- Effective seat angle // 76.5°
- Seat tube length // 440mm
- Head tube length // 125mm
- Chainstay // 440mm
- Wheelbase // 1,223mm
- Effective top tube // 613mm
- BB height // 36mm BB drop
- Reach // 460mm
While you’re here…
Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.
Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.