Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Can't wait to get the summer tyres on!
  • neil853
    Free Member

Just really looking forward to being able to put lighter, faster tires on. Don’t get me wrong winter riding has its place but the novelty has worn off now and i’m looking forward to fast dusty trails.

Anyone else thinking this? Or is it just because i’m sat in an office and its a grey day? 🙄

z1ppy

come on, it’s been dry (here) for a couple of day’s don’t spoil it now! 😉

It’s been that wet here lately that, even though I’ve survived with just a Mud-X on the front and a worn summer-ish tyre on the back all winter, last week I had to fit the the matching Mud-X on the rear to get any grip!

soobalias
    Free Member

im am really close to giving up on my all rounders and putting something viscious on for a couple of weeks

njee20
    Free Member

Anyone else thinking this? Or is it just because i’m sat in an office and its a grey day?

Yep, I went out Saturday and it was just wet and crap, can’t be bothered with that any more frankly, hope it’ll dry out soon – I want to be able to use Furious Freds at the first NPS in 4 weeks!

neil853
    Free Member

I’ve been running swampthings for the last few months and although the grip is superb the rolling resistance is incredible, i can’t even remember what momentum is lol

The wet weather has been the reason for me being soft this winter on the mtb, i’ve just chosen to ride my cx bike instead, hardly done any nightriding. Out tonight though (although i’m trying to think of reasons to get out of it 😆 )

winterfold
    Free Member

when do people normally change to their Summer tyres?

I guess it depends on the weather but curious to know when you start thinking about it…

Also the walls on my rear tyre are looking a bit thin – in that I can see the threading in a lot of places – they are Panaracer Fire XC kevlar bead and I got them in November, I have been riding two times a week on average since then. Are they on the way out? How long should they last?

I would be bothered if the tyres on my road bike (even my race tyres) looked like after 3 months – but MTB tyres have a much harder life

njee20
    Free Member

Do people have dates!? I think about it when it dries out – if we have a frozen January I’ll change then. I change tyres most rides during the summer, so it’s not a 2 season thing!

Sidewall threads being visible isn’t an issue.

neil853
    Free Member

I don’t have dates per say but i’m going away for the easter weekend and i intend on fitting my ‘summer’ tyres then. I’m mostly riding trail centres anyway though.

kiwijohn

Summer was a dud down here. Seem to have gone straight to winter since yesterday.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Dunno about changing tyres, I usualy run my winter tyres untill they’re worn down, then swap them for something bigger.

Although at this rate I might have to go from mud tyres to swampthings, which I hate using as you can hear them ripping the trail up as you pass over it!

sefton
    Free Member

yeah just a bit tired of the mud baths now, chose the road bike at weekend (just because I could be bothered with the “big clean up” after the mtb ride).

fitted some tubeless nobby’s – bring on the harder trails!

njee20
    Free Member

I’m using Nics as my winter tyres!

neil853
    Free Member

couldn’t get away with them around where i ride…..

Mister-P
    Free Member

Did you ever find a set of MK IIs Neil? I ordered a set of the RS 2.2 today.

Janesy
    Free Member

Im already on my Racing Ralphs. seems to me that all tyres are crap in the mud.

neil853
    Free Member

No i didn’t, are they in stock now? I got some cheap Fat Alberts from On One but i’m still interested in the new MKII 2.2/2.4 tyres……

Mister-P
    Free Member

We had a small delivery of the RS version. 3 left in stock at the moment now I have my pair. That is my job tonight, fit the tubeless conversions and then put the tyres on.

coogan
    Free Member

I never change tyres at all. Much easier.

retrorick

Nice dry and sunny in Rammy today Neil. I only change my tyres when they have worn out. It takes time too appreciate how the tyres handle and change over their lifespan. That said if i changed my tyres more often to conditions i might get out more often?

Rick.

Keva
    Free Member

I was riding through 4ins of mud in places on Sunday. Was like speedway in slow motion. It’ll be a little while yet before the summer tyres get off the shed floor.

Kev

Paceman
    Free Member

High Roller 2.35’s all year round.

R.lepecha

Its been sunny for 2 days here. Yes! saying that my bike never gets winter tyres.

Milkie
    Free Member

Same tyres all year round here.

Maxxis High Rollers – Born Slippy!

I didn’t think they would be worse than Ignitors in the mud, I was wrong.

float
    Free Member

Or is it just because i’m sat in an office and its a grey day?

unlucky, swansea has been wall to wall sunshine all day. bit chilly though.

cannot wait for the summer tyres!

neil853
    Free Member

It got out on the afternoon in Preston and i got out on the wednesday nightride, Its always the case that getting out the door is hardest sometimes. We had a cracking ride with quite a bit of climbing and (relatively) little mud 😉

Still glad i had my swampthings on though

Ax3M4n
    Free Member

Had a miserable ride last Friday (after Thursday’s glimpse of the sun) – I decided to commute in to work cross-country, and hit about 6-7 miles of claggy quagmire along the river. By the time I got home, knackered, I threw the bike in the store and just couldn’t be *rsed with cleaning. I pulled it out last night and my chain had “set” around the jockey wheels.

Bring on the sun.

Klunk
    Free Member

i had summer tyres on, 2 week in feb, after crowing about how dry, warm and fantastic it was, it’s rained every day since 🙁

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Can't wait to get the summer tyres on!’ is closed to new replies.