Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 160 total)
  • cant log in?
  • roger_mellie

Cheers whitestone.

gray

Update here:

https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/our-forum/

Apparently they’ve changed something, so worth another go.

(Still not working for me, so I’ve emailed them to let them know as requested.)

nickjb
    Free Member

Still the same for me, too

Harry_the_Spider

…And I’m back in the room!

Thanks to whoever fixed this because I’m sure they are having a crap old time of things at the moment.

roger_mellie

I’ve had success on PC following this method to delete cookies from <span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>just</span> STW:

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
    2. At the top right, click More More and then Settings.
    3. At the bottom, click Advanced.
    4. Under “Privacy and security,” click Content settings.
    5. Click Cookies.
    6. Under “All cookies and site data,” search for the website’s name.
    7. To the right of the site, click Remove Remove.

From https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en&oco=0

But there doesn’t seem to be an equivalent for Chrome on Android, i.e. no way to selectively delete cookies from a particular site on mobile as with desktop.

I don’t really want to delete all cookies from my phone as a) I have some open tabs with shopping baskets that I’m not yet ready to buy/ keep adding to 🙂  and b) I’d have to enter in full log in details for all other sites which won’t remember me.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

gray

It seems like, in theory, what I did on Android should be the equivalent. But I still can’t log in. What I did was (pasted from previous post):

To clear the cookies on Android I went to the singletrack website, clicked on the padlock in the address bar, then on ‘SITE SETTINGS’, then ‘CLEAR & RESET’, which claims to ‘clear all local data, including cookies and reset all permissions for this website’. I said ‘yeah!’ and did it, but it still won’t let me log in.

I also looked through the full list of sites for which I have cookies (three dots, then Settings, Site settings, All sites, then scroll…) in case there were other variations on <span class=”skimlinks-unlinked”>singletrackworld.com</span> or gofar or something, but couldn’t find anything lingering.

Stoner
    Free Member

same problem here.

Still no ability to log in on Android device. Shambolic.

No singletrackworld cookies left. Could be some other url stem cookies, but maybe that would entail STW owning up to pushing ad Co cookies on to users?

Simon

I’ve cleared cookies again but still can’t log in unless I go incognito.

The forum is also very slow this afternoon, 30 seconds to over a minute to load pages.

Drac

Can you email tech with your issues, what you’ve tried and the system browsers you use please. Ta

whitestone
    Free Member

@Stoner – I only cleared the STW cookies in Chrome, i.e. those set by the domain singletrackworld.com. I had to do it twice yesterday but it was OK this morning when I looked.

Stoner
    Free Member

I can log in on via Chrome browser (desktop), but not Chrome Browser on the Android phone.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Incognito only for me on my android phone. To make matters worse, it’s also caused me to try and reset my password, which it now won’t recognise so I’m not even sure which problem is keeping me out.

I was really **** off with this, but the longer it goes on, the more inclinded I am to say **** off to STW and walk away.

kendonagasaki

Thanks for your suggestion Roger_Mellie.

It worked for me and I’m currently logged in and add free.

john_l
    Free Member

At £1.50 a month, I currently feel like I’m being ripped off!

Really?

Cleared cookies on Chrome/Mac and now fine (thanks Andy)

spooky_b329

I’ve started getting really frustrated that the site keeps logging me out, so each time I go to post and realise I’ve got to log in, I’ve just buggered off to another corner of the internet.  (I’ve only made one post in the last 5 days and I think that was from my phone)

So it was only this evening that I realised I cannot log in since the overnight outage.  After 10 minutes of googling and getting lost in the Chrome menus (as I didn’t want to delete all my cookies), I finally found this guide that let me just delete them for this site.

I’ll put a crisp £20 on the bloody server making me log in again within the next 48 hours though…

Clearing cookies from just one site

tjagain

I can log in on this android tablet which I have not logged in on before but not on my desktop which I normally use

tjagain

now manage to log in after deleting all cookies with singletrack in the  name included lots of ones with “ad” but strangely seems to be not all stw cookies.  Now logged in but this is still a shambles

Onzadog
    Free Member

Can log in on the wife’s phone where I’ve never logged in before, but still can’t get in on my phone no matter how many times I clear the singletrackworld.com cookies.

Stoner
    Free Member

Just spent 30mins trying to remove individual cookies that I don’t recognise and attempt login on one of my lesser used android devices. No joy until I cleared all cookie and browsing data (settings, site settings, privacy) for all time. (7days,4 weeks etc didn’t do it). So some old cookie or downloaded data, but not named as singletrackworld.com still causing a conflict with new login data/cookie on android. Only complete cookie purge seems to do it. So won’t be logging on with my main device anytime soon as it holds too many cookies for sites I respect and want to keep.

Harry_the_Spider

Me too. Phone is OK. Home computer still says no and I’m not buggering that up for every other site, so it looks like less time on here for me.

A bit like a ban. May as well say **** and earn a proper one 😉

LittleNose
    Free Member

cheers RogerMellie – worked for me too

Onzadog
    Free Member

Incognito again as it still doesn’t work.

m.audi.co.uk (embedded in singletrackworld.com)

Found this in my cookies list (there’s a lot to scroll through). It’s not fixed it, but it does make me wonder how many others there might be. Is this likely to be the problem? I’m no IT bod.

Drac

Thanks Spooky for this.

Recently, I needed to be able to clear a single site’s cookies on my computer in order to test an issue that a client was reporting. I certainly did NOT want to clear all cookies on my computer, which is the default and easiest method for most browsers (how would I remember those thousands of passwords that I have stored everywhere??), and it took a little searching on how to do this in each browser for just one site. Hopefully you’ll find this list useful as well!

Google Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647
    Click Chrome menu on browser toolbar
    Select Settings
    Click Show advance settings
    Click Content settings in Privacy section
    In Cookies section, select the site that issued the cookie, then the cookie, and click Remove

Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored#w_delete-cookies-for-a-single-site
    Click Firefox button or Tools menu, then click Options
    Select Privacy panel
    Set Firefox will: to “Use custom settings for history”
    Click Show Cookies
    In the search field, type the name of the site whose cookies you want to remove.
    Select the cookie in the list to remove and click “Remove Cookie”
    Click “Close”

Internet Explorer 9: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie8-windows_other/i-want-to-selectively-delete-cookies-in-windows-7/ac10aa92-6919-40b2-a8c7-06a4fe184b6c (NOTE: Though hosted on a Microsoft website, this response was from a non-Microsoft employee, but I couldn’t locate an applicable Support document)
    Click on Tools, Internet Options
    Under Browsing History, click Settings
    Click View Files
    Locate the cookies to delete, right click and then click Delete

Clearing cookies from just one site

cyclingwilly
    Free Member

I can log in via Chrome, but not Firefox, but, I can and I am, so very happy.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Nope, embedded cookies doesn’t seem to be it. Either that, or I missed one.

I’m not trawling through that list again though.

Feels like there’s not a lot of drive to resolve this though.

irc

Couldn’t log in on my Android phone or Firefox on Windows 10 netbook.  Thanks to this thread got the idea of trying private window on Firefox and was able to log in.

Another forum improvement.

Drac

IT Tom is working on a cookie cleaning tool he is hoping to launch it on Monday to help those out having issues.

tjagain

Drac – given the clustermess of this forum up-grade do you really think anyone will download and use an unverified cookie removal tool from the same guys?  I certainly do not trust them enough to do so.

Drac

That’s your choice TJ.

scotroutes

Drac – do we know if just waiting a couple if weeks for the cookie to expire will resolve it anyway? That might be an option for some.

Cougar

do you really think anyone will download and use an unverified cookie removal tool

i assumed it would be a server-side fix but could be wrong.

do we know if just waiting a couple if weeks for the cookie to expire will resolve it anyway?

I don’t know the root cause but I can’t see any reason why that wouldn’t be the case.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Tried to log in on Android using opera and no joy, desired to Chrome on the same phone and it logged in no problem.

Weird and crap at the same time.

Drac

Drac – do we know if just waiting a couple if weeks for the cookie to expire will resolve it anyway? That might be an option for some.

My knowledge of such things was never great and what I did know is probably long forgotten but in theory it’s possible, not sure I’d rely on it.

tommathy

We are still aware that some of you still cannot login. We understand you’re frustration and appreciate your patience. We are still working on a fix of which an ETA should be either tomorrow or Tuesday.

Once again, really sorry for the inconvenience.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

That’s your choice TJ.

You’ve got to love the care and support you get on here. There is another choice; ditching the sorry mess.

Drac

Am I supposed to take him tea and biscuits?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Perhaps find a way to make people confident that the tool will have no unforeseen consequences, has been tested in a range of environments etc.

tjagain

Ta for the biccies Drac.,  Nice cup of tea as well.  *slurps*

tjagain

I do get that some folk have come over as overly precious on the various update threads.  Personally if I were in Drac or Cougars shoes I very much doubt I would have been as patient so I have zero issue with their posts

Drac

You didn’t TJ, a tool has been offered to fix this, you don’t want to use it that’s your choice and then in come the naysayers.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 160 total)

The topic ‘cant log in?’ is closed to new replies.