Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Canon Camera and line of doom advice needed
  • rOcKeTdOg

is my cam bortked, get the line seen below on all the pics taken and it shows on the viewscreen, sudden started doing it, nothing on the lens and not been dropped or anything, no firmware update available fron Canon in case it's a glitch, cam is 18 months old

is it borked?

Hadge
    Free Member

Is the camera in question a G10?

Houns

Dunno but you're cheating at Scrabble

rOcKeTdOg

it's an ixus 80is

CountZero

Looks like a sensor fault to me. It might be worth contacting Canon's service centre. I've got a Nikon Coolpix 5700, which I bought in '03, and a couple of years ago the sensor suddenly went on the fritz. Took it to the shop, and they said forget it, uneconomical to fix. ( The camera cost £800!). Had a browse on t'internet, and there seemed to have been a fault, so contacted Nikon, who confirmed there was a batch fault and they fixed it for free. Can't hurt to get in touch.

Stoner
    Free Member

Only take photos of zebras from now on.

Sorted.

Hadge
    Free Member

Second the one about contacting Canon. Log onto their website and they will help you out.

rOcKeTdOg

have just emailed them, cheers

nickhart
    Free Member

i'd second xipe. have a canon a75 which is about 5 years old and it developed a similar fault which developed into a catastrophic failure while at the welsh botanical gardens (a good day out btw).
    went online and found that sony had provided the sensors for that camera which had all had a fault on. sent it off to a canon dealer and they fixed it and sent it back free of charge.
    works perfectly now.
    tops.

rOcKeTdOg

canon official dealer say £130 to fix, not really economical when it only cost £149!!

Raindog
    Free Member

Woo ! new camera shopping, that's almost as good as new bike shopping 🙂

CountZero

New camera ahoy!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Canon Camera and line of doom advice needed’ is closed to new replies.