Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Cannondale Prophet – Rear shock advice
  • John25
    Free Member

Hi

I have a 2009 Prophet, love it

It came with a Fox Float R, but no matter what air pressure I put in it, it blew through its travel and bottomed out constantly on the trails. Only adjustment on it was rebound and air pressure

Changed to a 2006 Fox Van R (non-piggy back version), works well on the downs but not a great pedaller

Please advise a shock for light dh, pedalling and general all mountain riding

Ideally I'd like a good air shock, but if anyone has experience of a coil shock in a prophet that pedals well and goes dh well, let me know

200 x 50

Thank You

peteimpreza

An extract from an email from a guy of here who got a coil one from TF Tuned.

"I've only ridden the bike with the pushed Van R on one xc ride so far ( apart from playing in the road) , so my opinions are based on this.

I got the coil shock for various reasons,

1 Im mainly wanting to ride gravity asisted and jumps nowadays

2 Got fed up of having to adjust air settings/worrying about air leaks etc.

3 taking the bike to morzine for 2 weeks to dowhhill , at wich it will cope better.

4 wanted to fit and forget

Im extremely pleased with the shock , Its in another leauge to air shocks in
    small bump sensitivity.

The cannondale phrophet has a regressive suspension design , so to stop the shock
    blowing throug all the travel all the time , the shock has to bet custom shimmed to stop this happening also Tf put a cone shim in the damping circuit to stop bottom out all but the hardest landings.

The performance of the shock all depends on how you explain to Tf how you would like it.

Ie if you want a lot of pro pedal on it ( to stopp pedal bob ) they can shim it that way.

If you dont mind the extra 300 grams its a much more reliable option that an air can."

torsoinalake
    Free Member

I had the Float R that came with my '09 Prophet Pushed when TFT Tuned serviced it. Works very well.

John25
    Free Member

Thanks guys

I'll ring TF for a chat about what they can do to improve its performance on the prophet

Thank You

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale Prophet – Rear shock advice’ is closed to new replies.