Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Cannock This Weekend?
  • prezet
    Free Member

A few of us have had a trip planned to Cannock for tomorrow/sunday – any idea how it’s looking over there at the moment, or likely how it’ll run with the forecast snow?

We’re travelling up from Norfolk – forecast doesn’t look great!

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Cannock Chase is stunning in the if you can get to it.

markrh
    Free Member

i live a mile away from the chase and theres about 2″ maybe 3″ of snow here 😕

jay91
    Free Member

2 inch this amt

prezet
    Free Member

Urgh – not looking promising then if more snow if due today/tomorrow.

passtherizla
    Free Member

My lot have cancelled a ride in Cannock on Sunday because of the weather…. 🙁

Might go anyway.

Duffer
    Free Member

Cannock is slippery at the best of times, especially on the cobblestone sections…

Hope your ride comes off ok!

flip
    Free Member

Be lovely if you can get here 3″ at present more expected tonight and tomorrow

poonprice
    Free Member

If the snow melts Cannock will ride fine will just have a lot of large puddles.

BigSteve
    Free Member

It was cracking up there yesterday. Bit chilly but the trails were in fine form.

Not helpful I know given the conditions overnight 😈

mindmap3
    Free Member

It’ll be fine. I rode there earlier in the year when there was a fair amount of snow up there, it was a but heavy going at times but still good fun. The last descent of the Monkey trail was great fun.

I’m planning to head up there on Sunday…I have some shiney new wheels and tyres to go and get mucky!

adi66
    Free Member

I was out at Cannock last night for a little blast round the Dog & Monkey.

It was awesome until about 9pm when it started to hack it down with snow, and got REALLY windy… the trails where good as bone dry (apart from a few spots of mud here and there)

… You won’t be cold, if you dress appropriately and the place looks stunning with a dusting of snow !

clunker

It will be fine.

Got my CX ready for a few laps tonight.

mindmap3
    Free Member

It does indeed look pretty in the snow….

wolfenstein
    Free Member

@Mindmap3 ..Is that photo taken today? 😯

I_Ache
    Free Member

passtherizla – Member
    My lot have cancelled a ride in Cannock on Sunday because of the weather….

Bloody girls.

I would love to get out there this weekend. Shame I cant ride 🙁

mindmap3
    Free Member

Wolfenstein…no that’s from January when it tipped it down with proper snow. It was an ace day with a fair number of riders out. Still rode in shorts, worst bit was when the mud and snow froze to my bike…it weighed a fair bit more than when I started.

If your planning to ride there this weekend I still would.

emac65
    Free Member

It’s melting a fair bit now,but looks like there could be more to come.Either way it’s going to mess up all the trails which were drying out nicely….
    Just wish it’d all bugger off now as I’ve had enough of it,plus got a few near on dry ‘n dusty rides in this week,…..
    Fecked up my planned trip to Nanty tomorrow as well…..
    I hate snow !

fathomer

I’m supposed to be there tomorrow morning, getting there may be an issue as the drive is all country lanes, some of which are small and narrow!

mindmap3
    Free Member

When I went there in January the roads were worse than the trails to be honest.

I’m sick of the weather too, but I haven’t been out on my mountain bike for ages so I’m going to brave it. I’m in Nottingham today and that was supposed to get a load of snow but it’s all gone and is starting to dry out. Hoping that the same will happen at Cannock (not that it’ll happen).

mysterymove
    Free Member

I work over that way and came across the chase this-morning and the roads are fine, it’s not that cold so it’s not frozen over.

Unless your the twunk I followed in range rover this morning who obviously had more money than driving skills

MrsToast
    Free Member

Birches Valley (the carpark, Swinnertons and the cafe) are closed today, and will be closed tomorrow.

Cannock FC FB page

mindmap3
    Free Member

I’m going Sunday, so should be ok.

I know it’s going to be mucky, but I really need to get out and I don’t fancy the road bike in this weather!

dibboid
    Free Member

Fingers crossed getting over there next weekend. Parental duties (and man flu) this weekend prevent playtime 😥

rocketman
    Free Member

Have been round today if you like water and slush you’ll love it the ground underneath was still quite firm. Snowing again now will be ok tomorrow until it gets churned up by 1000s of tyres

Good luck & enjoy

shindiggy
    Free Member

Will be there tomorrow to test my new bars, hopefully will be nice and quiet given the weather and the fact i’ll be there at 6am.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Cannock This Weekend?’ is closed to new replies.