Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Cannock Monkey trail Video
  • iain1775
    Free Member

Quick first edit of Monday's ride at the new Monkey Trail at Cannock
    Big improvement on Follow the Dog, alot more technical, bits breaking up alot already though, some of the corners are very loose and slippy. Some small areas for improvement too I reckon, a couple of dodgy positioned tree stumps etc
    Just been back today and have a load more footage and angles so will do a full video shortly

granny_ring

Like that, will try and plan a visit.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I'm planning a visit there at the weekend, is it worth the trip from Mid-Cheshire?

iain1775
    Free Member

Steve B I would say definately
    Im from Derby so it takes me 45 minutes and Ive been twuce this week! (currently off on paternity leave)

JohnOne72
    Free Member

Can't wait to have a blast at some of that going this Sunday. Bring on the weekend.

postierich
    Free Member

Pussies what was wrong with the rock garden you have suspension!!!!!

jumping_flea
    Free Member

Just back from the Monkey trail this evening.
    First time I've riden it, and it is v good. Some proper climbs, some flowing descents and the black rock garden section is good – but more of it would be nice 😉

Agree about some of the surface breaking up – but its gonna be popular, so I'd be up to help chase trails maintain it on the odd sunday – they have done a great job

Big crash near the BV visitors centre on the last section – Paramedics were on site, hopefully the guy will be ok and be back riding soon – well done to his mates, then closed off the section and were making sure he was ok.

jumping_flea
    Free Member

Pussies what was wrong with the rock garden you have suspension!!!!!

+1 😉

DaveE

Iain
    Cool Video.
    What camera did you use and what software did you edit on.
    Brought a cheap mini dv and got the bug.
    Great to have record of rides.
    Dave

st

Regarding the bits breaking up. Chase Trails and the FC are monitoring the trails during the beddign in process and snagging / repairs works will be started once it's all been sussed out.

Some of the bits were finished during the recent dry spell so haven't had a chance to bed in properly and it would be beneficial for the trail to get some rain on it to be bedded in properly with what is understandably a large number of riders using it.

Apart from a day off last Sunday the trail builders aren't letting up with the weekly work so anyone who wants to get involved can pop along any Sunday at 10am to Swinnertons.

http://www.chasetrails.co.uk

neil853
    Free Member

Awesome trail, i go from south lancs and i would say its well worth the trip. Has an old school, natural feel to it, i really like it! Well done all involved!

iain1775
    Free Member

Dave E its a 20:Twenty VHoldr (The older non HD vesion of the Contour HD)
    Quality is actually much better than that but my old computer cant handle big video files so I have to compress them to a smallish file size, Vimeo then makes it even worse!
    I also have footage from my Veho Muvi £45 job that I will edit in to the same vid as well as backwards facing footage that is pretty good

Ref Rock Garden – was our first time round, have since done it on the second run round and yep it is no major shakes 😉

DaveE

Thanks for that .
    Out of interest how do you mount the Muvi as i have a copy and have been experimenting ,always looking for different positions to mount it to the bike.
    Dave

snakebite
    Free Member

Has an old school, natural feel to it, i really like it!

old skool Stu (

ourkidsam
    Free Member

I couldn't see a great deal of the trail past your bike to be honest!

snakebite
    Free Member

or the cables……how long were they!!!

iain1775
    Free Member

see you troll on here as much as on the chasetrails forum snakebite?
    Do you spend all your life searching biking forums picking fault with other people? – sad, get a life!
    If you dont have anything productive to say then don't bother

Brake cables are pretty much exactly as they came on the bike, gear cables have been changed and are not too long, the only one that is maybe a touch long is the front brake cable and TBH for the sake of an inch or so is it really worth f*cking around shortening it and bleeding the brakes etc – Formula Oro's are a pig to do at the best of times
    Im really not that anal about brake cable length to loose sleep over it
    The rest of the bike, gear cables included are well overdue a service and will get sorted as soon as I have a spare afternoon

Yep its not the best view for seeing the trail, but I did also have the Muvi mounted on the headtube and also on the camelback strap and have some footage from the camera mounted in same position but pointing backwards that is pretty cool
    That is one of the big problems with the VHoldr / Contour over the Hero or other cams – mounting options are quite limited or brackets quite bulky

Like I said – 1st edit, when it rains and I have more time to sit in front odf a computer for hours I will finish the vid off.

Ti29er
    Free Member

I'm riding there Friday (tomorrow) morning for 3hrs.

postierich
    Free Member

Ref Rock Garden – was our first time round, have since done it on the second run round and yep it is no major shakes

Video evidence!

Ref the orginal vid is it in slow mo!

Ti29er
    Free Member

1775 – don't listen to the nasty men!
    They'll go away soon.

Anyone any ideas about "quick" times BTW?

postierich
    Free Member

Ti29er enjoy the tight singletrack climbs! 😆

scruff
    Free Member

see you troll on here as much as on the chasetrails forum snakebite?
    Do you spend all your life searching biking forums picking fault with other people? – sad, get a life!
    If you dont have anything productive to say then don't bother

Iian, you should meet him in real life. He is a total w4nker.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Cannock Monkey trail Video’ is closed to new replies.