Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Cancelling Ebay bids when selling? (International buyers with no feedback!?)
  • d45yth
    Free Member

Hi, does anyone know how to cancel bids when you’re the seller? I’ve only been trying to do this through my phone and can’t find a way – is there the option on the main site?

It’s unbelievable, I have stated UK bidders with feedback only. I’ve had some bloke from Norway get arsey with me because I got him a price on posting him something, then told him I wouldn’t after seeing he’d only been a member for a day.

The person who’s actually bid on the item is based in California! Now I’ve a bloke wanting me to post to Thailand even though it’ll cost £50-60 to send!?

I’m not sure if these folk are just mugs, thinking what I’m selling is going to be a bargain? If they bid up to what the items are worth, surely they wouldn’t want to pay high postage charges on top for something they could probably find in their own country? 😕

Jamie
    Free Member

You want this form:

http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?CancelBidShow

Which is linked from here: http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/manage_bidders_ov.html#canceling

Doesn’t help you now, but you can set hard rules on who can bid on your item in the first place. Weeds out a lot of hassle.

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/buyer-requirements.html

d45yth
    Free Member

Cheers. I think I’ve started getting this problem because I’ve posted the items up from the app – I’ve always done it from my computer in the past.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

What is it you’re selling? It would seem to have an international market so why not roll with it?
    I agree the zero rated bloke may seem dodgy but your item might be rarer than you think. What is it; I’m intrigued..

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Don’t bother with them. The item will mysteriously not arrive and you’ll have them claim against your paypal account. Seriously don’t bother, stuff appears to either dissolve in transit or become completely useless when it arrives in say Italy. trust me. Save yourself the bother.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZyVZFJGX5g

Italy and Russia have dodgy customs, but otherwise most of the world are just like us….
    Send it recorded, just as you would here.

kcal

I’ve sent stuff (reluctantly) to Ukraine before, and it’s been fine. On the back off that, have since sent other stuff and equally, fine. But not with no feedback..

d45yth
    Free Member

Suburbanreuben, I’m selling the contents of the case from Pulp Fiction! 😆 Actually, it’s some Shimano 9sp XTR stuff – I tried to sell on here, but no interest. Put it on eBay and within minutes offers and questions were flooding in!

I’ve sold a few things to folk abroad before, but to those with decent feedback or after they’ve told me why they want the item so much. I’d rather sell in this country when it’s something that will sell easily. After checking my settings, it actually shows up as UK postage only too!

jambalaya
    Free Member

I’ve been a legit buyer and been cancelled after winning an auction as I was “foreign” and have very little feedback as I hardly use ebay. So can I suggest you at least exchange an email with the buyer ?

dooge
    Free Member

I sold something for a previous car id owned a few years ago and despite specifying to sell it to buyers from the UK only someone from Turkey bought it (Buy it now) who likewise had only a few feedback points. I told him I would be refunding his payment and not sending the item as my auction specifies UK buyers only. He got arsey and left bad feedback. I contacted eBay and within minutes the feedback was withdrawn and my auction fees repaid back to me.

Ive generally had good and fair service from eBay customer services.

d45yth
    Free Member

Update: Winning bidder was the bloke in Thailand. I had a few questions from him and he was willing to pay the extra postage. He paid instantly and all seemed well.

Woke up to a message from eBay showing the bidder has claimed fraudulent activity on his account…funny that he’s waited a day to do this.

Luckily for me, I had to wait a day for the courier to pick it up, giving me the chance to cancel.
    Now I’m waiting to see if the online postage site I used will refund the £40 postage, or if I’ll have to claim through eBay!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Cancelling Ebay bids when selling? (International buyers with no feedback!?)’ is closed to new replies.