Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Can you get allen/hex key disc rotor bolts – where?
  • Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

As title, can you get the disc rotor bolts with an allen key head rather than the torx thing, and where from? I've googled but just get motorbike stuff? Reason is I want to remove my discs for air travel but my multitool doesn't have the torx fitting, I have a socket torx thing but don't want to take that as I'll need a ratchet thing too so I'd have to go buy a torx tool but want to minimise the tools I'm taking?

Edric64
    Free Member

They must be available somewhere I have some older Shitmano hubs with allen bolts but my new ones have torx

LoveTubs
    Free Member

Loads of them on Ebay, why not treat yourself to titanium 🙂

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Mmm, older Shimano hubs eh, I have a pair in the loft but don't know if they are torx or not, off to check in a minute!

Ebay, ok I'll look there too, not sure about Ti though, is it as strong as the steel one's, sure I heard about some cheap Ti not being that strong??

Skoolshoes
    Free Member
    Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

My old ones in the loft were torx too, but yeah, ebay brilliant, don't know why I didn't think of looking there myself, problem solved … thanks 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Can you get allen/hex key disc rotor bolts – where?’ is closed to new replies.