Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Can you get a bike in the back of a Fiat Panda……???
  • flashes
    Free Member

So 29+, front wheel off, rear seats down…..

Trimix
    Free Member

My mate got his bike in the back of a Fiat 500 (modern one) so you should be fine.

johndoh
    Free Member

More importantly, can a panda ride a bike?

cokie

You can certainly fit an MTB in a panda.
    Whether front wheel off is enough, I don’t know..
    Some photos here of an FS in the Panda

Tracey

We could get a 29er Enduro in a Fiat 500 with both wheels off.

rhid

I fitted 2 bikes in the back of my old panda but wheels do need to come off.

mintimperial

You can get a tumble drier in the back of a Panda, I know that for a fact, so I reckon yeah probably.

flashes
    Free Member

Thank you but can I get a 29er in the back of a Fiat Panda with just the front wheel off…….

binners

Is the back wheel welded in?

flashes
    Free Member

No, I’m just bone idle…………..and some of my bikes have coaster brakes, which make rear wheel removal a pain….

mintimperial

I could definitely get a 26er or a road bike in there with bags of room to spare. My Panda predated 29-plus, so I can’t guarantee that a huge great barge of a bike is going to fit, but it is pretty spacious for such a dinky little car. I suspect the only way you’re going to find out if *your* bike definitely fits inside a Panda is by actually trying to fit your bike into a Panda… 😉

flashes
    Free Member

It’s finding a complete stranger with a Panda that’ll let me stick my bike in their boot……….

petec
    Free Member

I’ve got a road bike into panda with just the front wheel off.

Passenger seat forward, rear seats down. Slide it in 😯 . Everyone’s a winner

jointhedotz
    Free Member

well if you buy them a drink first…

joshvegas
    Free Member

I got two bikes in the back of an old panda

Of no help but man i muss that car.

flashes
    Free Member

Petec, excellent. Thank you….

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Del

used to be able to get a road bike in the back of my old GF’s clio ( the old one ) without taking the wheel off. not sure a road bike is a good guide to fitting an MTB.
    and panda’s are naff. had the misfortune of driving a hire one. a rattly little biscuit tin with un-supportive seats. IMO.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Only with both wheels off.

Long framesets may also require front seat to be slid/tilted forward.

stumpy01

Total length of a road bike is generally a lot shorter than a mtb, so I’d say you could probably get a road bike in with the rear wheel off, but not a mountain bike.

No way my mountain bikes will go in our Ibiza with only the front wheel off, but the road bike will with no problem.

gonzy
    Free Member

a mate had a 52 plate punto (3dr) we managed to squeeze in 2 bikes with the wheels off

flashes
    Free Member

Drat, it was going so well……………

goss
    Free Member

A customer left the shop after a repair and got the whole thing in the car with only front wheel off. You’ll be fine

– Specialized Epic 29″ large, in a Toyota Aygo.
    not sure if the bike needed a repair after though.

khani
    Free Member

On my 08 Panda I could get my large 29er in with wheels off, and two large 29ers in with wheels off and seatposts out,

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Many years ago I once got 3 people, luggage, a 4 berth frame tent, sleeping kit, food, cooker, tools etc inside my 1990 Fiat Panda……. And 3 bikes on the back. The only place where there was noting stored was under my own legs. That was on the way to the 92 or 93 Malverns Classic.
    Happy days!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Can you get a bike in the back of a Fiat Panda……???’ is closed to new replies.