Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Can someone please explain what the hell Murdered out means!
  • DaddyJim
    Free Member

What the Fk is a Murdered out fork? Or a murdered out anything for that matter?!

Duane…
    Free Member

Are they bombers?

scaredypants

Is it what’ll happen to the next poster starting a thread on this phrase ?

MrsToast
    Free Member

It’s when something has been stolen by a group of crows.

grum
    Free Member
    makeitorange
    Free Member

Originally it meant a black car with black wheels, dark tinted windows and tinted light covers, basically making your car as black as possible. Bonus points if it’s a matte black finish.

DaddyJim
    Free Member

Will be using this site more 😀

Essentially making things black. What a lame bit of slang.

molgrips
    Free Member

Pace beat you all to it circa 2003 🙂

joao3v16
    Free Member

“Murdered Out”?

It’s one of those many many phrases that twits use so that everyone knows they’re into a particular ‘scene’.

Also acts as a kind of mating call so that anyone else in the vicinity into the same ‘scene’ instantly recognises like-minded twits.

🙂

AlexSimon

Those Rockshox forks in the news page aren’t murdered out in my book, They’ve got pure white decals!

PJM1974
    Free Member

It means “I won’t be buying anything from SRAM until they drop the patronising language from their marketing”.

In addition to this, the same press release compared a 160mm trail fork with a Northrop B2 and used lots of really silly diagrams to explain that their new compression damper is a bit firmer than it was before.

phil.w
    Free Member

It means “I won’t be buying anything from SRAM until they drop the patronising language from their marketing”.

SRAM don’t write or add the picture captions to this site.

hora
    Free Member

So basically Rochshox is copying Marzocchi?

nealglover
    Free Member

Regardless of what the product is like.

Good choice making skills 😉

RustySpanner

A way to recognise those with no aesthetic sensibilities or taste?

Matt black signifies ignorance, a lack of irony, a susceptibility to marketing and a fondness for ridiculous trousers.

flange
    Free Member

tinman66
    Free Member

A way to recognise those with no aesthetic sensibilities or taste?

Matt black signifies ignorance, a lack of irony, a susceptibility to marketing and a fondness for ridiculous trousers.

I have two matt black bikes. I had no idea I was so ignorant.

wwaswas

RustySpanner

I have two matt black bikes. I had no idea I was so ignorant.

You missed the next bit 😀
    I find it really interesting, tbh – a marketing led cost-cutting excercise has now become something of an ‘anti-fashion’ statement.

How easily are we influenced?

pictonroad

This:

Comes from the modified car scene as above..

scotroutes

I was ahead of the curve….

…again?

RustySpanner

In the automotive world, it started with motorbikes:

People bodged up crashed bikes with whatever bits they could find, sprayed them matt black because it was cheaper than gettting them fixed properly – Rat bikes:

I first started seeing them in the 80’s, but I’m sure there were loads about before then.

Bike manufacturers like matt black because it’s a cheaper finish than polished metal.
    It’s that simple.

Add in the gullibility of humanity, sell them the something of less value at the same price, claim it’s what the cool kids are doing and pretty soon you end up with the styleless, joyless aesthetic monstrosities like that road bike up there. 🙂

scotroutes

Mad Max??

StefMcDef
    Free Member

^ I’m seeing red Goretex with a hint of grey glove palms. No ski mask, shades or hijab. I think that’s just second degree murdered out.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Can someone please explain what the hell Murdered out means!’ is closed to new replies.