Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Can I play my ipod through my old Aiwa hifi?
  • AB
    Free Member

I have an old Aiwa NSX-AV75 hifi and I wanted to know whether I could play my ipod through it?

It's the same as this one:

It a line audio in/out as well as a CD digital out (optical jack) that I used to connect to my minidisc when recording?

Anyone any ideas if this is possible?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

digital out won't do anything as it is output.

Line in will accept the iPod assuming you can get an iPod to line in cable (don't see why not).

Set your iPod sound field to neutral before though, otherwise it may sound ropey.

AB
    Free Member

I see what you mean.

Have googled an ipod to line in cable, but I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking for and don't want to end up with the wrong thing?

Anyone got any pointers?

Thanks!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

One of these…

Basically it just outputs via the iPod headphone socket. I bet there will be ones that run via the main output too.

AB
    Free Member
    mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Absolutely – remember that none of these will charge your iPod though, so if you need that to happen, you would need to use a line out to line in (like the one I showed you) so you can charge at the same time using the other socket.

Beware though – I have had instances where I get small shocks from the metal casing (on iPod Classic 60g) when playing out via the line out whilst charging. Nothing serious – but enough to give you a little start.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Can I play my ipod through my old Aiwa hifi?’ is closed to new replies.