Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • can i find out who my house insurance is with an easy way??!!
  • DrP

I’m not sure if I renewed my house insurance… there’s too many separate/joint accounts to sort through (but i guess I’ll have to) to see if i did renew, and who with..
    But, like teh car insurance site, is there an easy way to see if my house is insured?

I guess the answer is ‘no’…!

Will get it done this arvo and cancel if it’s double insured!

DrP

wwaswas

there’s too many separate/joint accounts to sort through

humblebrag of the day 😉

DezB
    Free Member

Search your email account for Insurance ? that’s what I do! (Although joint accounts are a thing of the distant…) 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

From https://www.abi.org.uk/data-and-resources/tools-and-resources/tracing-an-insurance-policy/

If you have a home insurance policy, or any other type of insurance, but you do not know the name of the company that issued it, there is no central policy database you can check but you…

can guess, is basically the answer!

perchypanther
    Free Member

Burn your house down and ask the first loss adjuster that visits?

DrP

Search your email account for Insurance ? that’s what I do! (Although joint accounts are a thing of the distant…)

did that… can’t find anything useful!

there’s too many separate/joint accounts to sort through

Ok..i’ll rephrase… I no longer have access to a few accounts given the separation… less humble eh!! ;D

DrP

toby1

I do most things through my credit card, so have searched bills in the past to find out who I paid for car insurance!

xherbivorex
    Free Member

just checked with our underwriters at work for a definitive answer, and… nope.
    unlike car insurance, which being a legal requirement has a central database that is publicly searchable, home insurance is not compulsory and so there is no regulatory requirement for such a thing to exist. it’s basically on you to know.

tomhoward

Might your mortgage provider know? They’ll insist on building insurance, chances are you have taken contents with them too? (Unless you’ve changed since taking it out, obvs(

Opportunity for a humble brag there too 😉

Jakester
    Free Member

home insurance is not compulsory and so there is no regulatory requirement for such a thing to exist. it’s basically on you to know.

Save for the caveat that CUE exists, which is Claims Underwriting Exchange, but if you haven’t made a claim there probably won’t be any entries!

xherbivorex
    Free Member

well yeah, only for claims. not a full db of in-force home policies.

nick1962
    Free Member

If you did it through a price comparison site then it should still hold your quotes.

oldtennisshoes

This is stw, so surely it’s with Pedalcover or M&S?

duncancallum

You got a compare or money supermarket account?

Is it on their history?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘can i find out who my house insurance is with an easy way??!!’ is closed to new replies.