Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • can anyone recommend me a cheap slack hardtail frame for my rockshox totems…
  • shaggmiester
    Free Member

Patriot too similar to my alpine now, so thinking of having a hardtail for a change, gonna sell the patriot and buy or swap for a hardtail frame, but it needs to be a frame that will take totems I have already, sub zeros seem good geometry but hard to get hold of, them on one’s look alright too but not sure they can take 180 forks? Any other suggestions? Cheers.

Northwind

Can you space Totems down? Not that many 180mm hts, for good reason, might make more sense.

kudos100
    Free Member

Flog the Totems and get something more suitable. 180mm travel on a hardtail would be horrific.

shaggmiester
    Free Member

Yeah I know what your both saying, just was gonna keep the totems to put on the alpine for when we go over to the alps, make it mega burly! 😛
    Cheers anyhow.

IA

Solo air totems are easily spaced down, same spacers as other RS.

Superficial
    Free Member

180mm forks on a hardtail? That’ll be horrible.

If you can space them down to 160mm (or ideally less than 150mm) then you’ve got a lot of options. Otherwise I’d just forget the idea.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Evil Imperial..if you can find one.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Darkside War – again finding one could be an issue

shaggmiester
    Free Member

Hmmm.. yeah maybe it’s a bad idea, might just swap frame and go all rigid, can you get long rigid forks that will keep the geometry slackish? Could then use it as a winter trail bike. Cheers.

wors

I have a well used MK1 blue pig hanging in the garage doing nothing if that floats yer boat.

st

As above, space down the Totems to whatever you want with enought spacers I think.

Alternatively get some 29er rigid forks if you want to keep the front end up and go rigid for the winter.

woody2000

Summer season + a 445mm A-C rigid fork and a big front tyre. That’d be slackish and geo wouldn’t change as there’s no change in fork travel

jambalaya
    Free Member

What forks do you have on the Alpine – could you use those on the hardtail and put the Totems on the Alpine.

As above first choice is run the Totems at 160 via spacers (or more sag ?)

shaggmiester
    Free Member

Yeah good idea jambalaya, but probably be too much of a beast for me to ride around here 😆
    Cheers though.

woody2000 – Member
    Summer season + a 445mm A-C rigid fork and a big front tyre. That’d be slackish and geo wouldn’t change as there’s no change in fork travel

POSTED 41 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

I think this is just what I’m after! Cheers.

wors – Member
    I have a well used MK1 blue pig hanging in the garage doing nothing if that floats yer boat.

It does float me boat, 😀
    What size is it wors? Cheers.

wors

It does float me boat,
    What size is it wors? Cheers.

18″

gazc
    Free Member

dmr exalt in classifieds takes long travel

_tom_
    Free Member

Ns Surge is designed for up to 180mm forks. If you fancied selling the Totems I’m after a pair 🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘can anyone recommend me a cheap slack hardtail frame for my rockshox totems…’ is closed to new replies.