Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 489 total)
  • Can anyone lend me a mint sauce key ring for a few days
  • Dylan08
    Free Member

AS a protest for you boys – Ive just obliterated my “original” Mint Sauce Keyring with a welding torch! – the footage will be posted on you-tube later for you all to enjoy! stay strong chaps, stay strong 🙂

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

peteimpreza

Just received these email from Jo.

“hullo Pete,
    as you can see, no chance, been illustrating 8 pages of a magazine
    i’ve got to finish this, then do another A3 illustration so should be able to tackle this at the end of the week, as long as someone doesn’t say “could you just?”

just to let you know, i’m not sat here with my feet up watching Eastenders looking at the jewelery thinking to myself “i’ll get those done one day”, like the damp patch in the spare-room, if i had the time to pack and dispatch them all i would have done so by now

thanks for your patience

Jo”

Diane
    Free Member

No it has been months Podge – my posts followed lots of effort to get to those stages.

Just wish it was sorted am willing to wait – he will post eventually – no one died and he must have his reasons. I will just cherish my little sheep even more when they arrive as i doubt there will be a re order 🙂

Diane
    Free Member

Pete – Hurrah hurrah

MrSmith
    Free Member

all that fuss over a cartoon bauble that looks like it fell out of a cracker.
    you lot are not right in the head.

Jamie
    Free Member

Just as an aside, couldn’t someone pick the tat up from him directly?

brakes
    Free Member

he’s comparing you all to a damp patch in his spare room…

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

brakes – Member

He has a point to be fair..

Diane
    Free Member

What tyres for Thetford WS2 Tomorrow ?

wwaswas

favourably, though.

bruneep

favourably, though.

Is that possible? 😕

Gary_M
    Free Member

if i had the time to pack and dispatch them all i would have done so by now

So he’s not had time to post them out but he’s had time to go to a bike race?

Maybe that should be changed to ‘if I could be arsed taking time out of what I enjoy doing to do what I really should do then I would. But I can’t so **** you all.’

warpcow
    Free Member

thepodge – Member
    warpcow – Ok, this has nothing to do with me but here’s my suggestion:
    Never has a whole thread, nay forum, been summed up so perfectly

Glad to be of assistance 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

“This is it . I ‘d ‘ve taken legal action by now. This is
    technically theft, as Jo has taken money yet not
    provided goods within a reasonable amount of
    time .”

hark at the armchair lawyer. Wrong as usual!

Not that it concerns either of us 😀

Paul8v
    Free Member

I’m in two minds as to whether I actually want this anymore, this whole experience has tainted the whole mint sauce thing for me, all it would have taken was a quick email to everyone every so often to keep everyone in the loop, not just go through Peteimpreza after having to be chased by the people of singletrack. We’ve all recieved an email from him before so he definitey has our contact details, it would have taken a couple of minutes over a cup of tea.

I know quite a few artists and they’re all rubbish at meeting deadlines but they keep their clients in the loop.

I’m still have faith that he will send them out and I’m sure I’ll still continue to enjoy the comic strips but I don’t think this will have done his reputation any good.

I’d like to think that Jo has read this thread so if you’re listening please just send them out first thing monday morning and lets get this over with 🙂

BoardinBob

“hullo Pete,
    as you can see, no chance, been illustrating 8 pages of a magazine
    i’ve got to finish this, then do another A3 illustration so should be able to tackle this at the end of the week, as long as someone doesn’t say “could you just?”

just to let you know, i’m not sat here with my feet up watching Eastenders looking at the jewelery thinking to myself “i’ll get those done one day”, like the damp patch in the spare-room, if i had the time to pack and dispatch them all i would have done so by now

thanks for your patience

Jo”

The guy sounds like a complete bell end

Jamie
    Free Member

I’d like to think that Jo has read this thread so if you’re listening please just send them out first thing monday morning and lets get this over with

Eastenders > damp patch > posting out keyring

DaddyPig
    Free Member

This thread is far more entertaining than those poxy cartoons.

bruneep

Colouring in** > Eastenders > damp patch > posting out keyring
    **albeit being careful not to go over the lines

one-man-and-his-dog
    Free Member

Fools and their money easily parted.

Jamie
    Free Member

Colouring in** > Eastenders > damp patch > posting out keyring

Sharpening pencils > colouring in > Eastenders > damp patch > posting out keyring

sc-xc

stealing money to buy pencils > sharpening pencils > colouring in > Eastenders > damp patch > posting out keyring

simonralli2
    Free Member

Just for the record I think it is terrible that people who have paid money have been treated, allegedly, unfairly, and been kept waiting.

After having said that, could someone explain what Mint Sauce is, and why it has such a following that grown adults are keen to have a keyring.

Is it a comic, or was it a strip that was in another comic? Are there any examples on line? Just curious really. I am sure I remember maybe years ago someone posting a mint sauce single picture, which I didn’t get, but that’s about as far as my knowledge goes.

I hope everyone gets everything sorted though.

ratherbeintobago

Is it a comic, or was it a strip that was in another comic? Are there any examples on line?

It is the comic strip in MBUK. Normally there is an online archive at http://www.thisiswhy.co.uk but for some reason it’s playing the silly arse today & I can’t get it to open.

Andy

cynic-al
    Free Member

(IIRC) It was a back-page cartoon in one or more UK mags back in the day, and as such has a special place in certain mtbers’ hearts.

I was never a fan myself. This thread is way better! Even better than a JoB “Trail Centres are for tools” or “You don’t want disc brakes on a road bike” thread!!!

tang
    Free Member

what are you all going to do with them? ebay calling? guess you could chance it with a refund request….this keyring would annoy me every time i saw it.

Jamie
    Free Member

stealing money to buy pencils > sharpening pencils > colouring in > Eastenders > damp patch > posting out keyring

punching orphans > stealing money to buy pencils > sharpening pencils > colouring in > Eastenders > damp patch > posting out keyring

yunki
    Free Member

punching orphans > stealing money to buy pencils > sharpening pencils > colouring in > Eastenders > damp patch > posting out keyring

voting tory > punching orphans > stealing money to buy pencils > sharpening pencils > colouring in > Eastenders > damp patch > posting out keyring

Harry_the_Spider

Leave the man alone he’s busy! You lot giving him money for his trinkets has inconvenienced him enough. Surely you don’t expect him to post them as well?

Shoddy.

If that e-mail is true it would have cost him his job in the real World.

crotchrocket
    Free Member

I guess not – too many people agreed?

crotchrocket
    Free Member

edit: wrong forum LOL

donsimon
    Free Member

Th items cost between £50 and £70 and around 30 were commissioned.

And I was accused of earning too much, between £50 and £70 for a keyring 😯 blinking heck!

peteimpreza

They are not key rings

crankrider
    Free Member

I know a guy that got behind with manufacturing some parts owed (a cnc machinist) – He ‘slept’ overnight at work so he could get everything finished in good time for waiting customers.

Im sure he can spare some afternoon, early morning or even night-time hours?

As said – in the real world he would be out on his arse, poor show, afraid of real work or is a few hrs on a computer so tiring?

I wonder how the damp patch got there?

tang
    Free Member

I wonder how the damp patch got there?

sweating with shame.

monksie
    Free Member

you lot are not right in the head

Never has a whole thread[u]‘s list of contributors,[/u] nay forum[u]‘s membership[/u], been summed up so perfectly

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Thanks Steve, I love you too…

Say hi to Nicky for me 😉

Gary_M
    Free Member

Deleted as referring to post which has been removed.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 489 total)

The topic ‘Can anyone lend me a mint sauce key ring for a few days’ is closed to new replies.