Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Can 140mm X Fusion Trace forks be lowered to 130mm?
  • bigjim

Looking for a beefy 130mm 29er fork, Pike is the obvious choice, but can Traces be lowered?

bigjim

Also, any experience of these forks, especially in comparison to Pikes, much appreciated

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

Yes they can drop in 10mm increments, just running in a set (120mmRL2) on a new build and first impression is good. Not that heavy, they feel plush and cf to other longer travel 29ers like Revs and Rebas they are beefy.They are simple to set up, the 15mm axle is a bit agricultural but I think they are better finished than Rockshox offerings.Not used Pike so cannot offer direct cf.
    Decent price at momemnt have a word with Bike scene as I think they have some stock.
    Richard

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Yes. I was in the same boat and asked X Fusion themselves. They pointed me to this video and noted that I’d need a clip on spacer in addition to the instructions there. http://www.xfusionshox.com/service/service-videos.html

In the end I just went Pikes anyway as the Alltricks price was cheaper than I could find the Trace anywhere

bigjim

cheers folks. will watch the vid, wonder if 120mm can be increased to 130…

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

cheers folks. will watch the vid, wonder if 120mm can be increased to 130…

Yes it can 🙂
    Quote from X Fusion Tech support.

Actually we made 2 version. We made a 100mm specific version and a 140mm capable version. If it comes in the box 120mm then it is capable of 140mm. But if it is 100mm in the box more than likely it is the 100mm version.

bigjim

ta

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Can 140mm X Fusion Trace forks be lowered to 130mm?’ is closed to new replies.