Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Campagnolo Hub wobble
  • MRanger156
    Free Member

I have a campagnolo scirroco G3 wheelset and the back wheel has a side to die wobble. Is this the bearings? Is it easy to repair myself?

leggyblonde
    Free Member

tighten up the cones a little bit. should be an easy job

clubber
    Free Member

It’s probably the cone adjuster that’s loosened off – yes, it’s easy to readjust.

this bit (non drive side): http://harriscyclery.net/product/campagnolo-record-rear-hub-adjusting-sleeve-w-bolt-sku-hu9953-qc49.htm

Loosen off the allen bolt, tighten (clockwise) the whole collar just enough to remove play then do the bolt up again.

robdeanhove
    Free Member

Erm, aren’t the latest Campag wheels all sealed catridge bearings? This means there are no such things as cones, let alone adjusters. See here: LINKY

If so, the bearings need replacing. This is simple, takes 15 mins and will cost <£10 for new bearings from eBay, you just need the bearing part number, printed on the seal of the current beaings e.g. 6905RS

Hope that helps

Rob
    bigrobracing.co.uk

MRanger156
    Free Member

The wheels are off an old bike so will check tonight.

mrmo
    Free Member

Old and new expensive whe
    els check cones, new cheap wheels change the cartridge bearings, neither its hard.

thesurfbus
    Free Member

My 2010 Zonda wheels had a bit of play in the hub after only a couple hundred miles, there is a lock ring which has a small grub screw in the side, I loosened the grub screw and then turned the lockring clockwise until the play was removed, and then tightened the grubscrew.

MRanger156
    Free Member

They are sealed bearings so will change them – anyone know the code?

Also bit annoying that campag have a difference cassette tool to shimano!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Campagnolo Hub wobble’ is closed to new replies.