Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • camelbak bottles and dishwashers
  • iainc

these ones :

http://www.camelbak.com/sports-recreation/bottles/better-bottle-75L

website suggests ALL parts will be ok in dishwasher ? bite valve on mine is more than a tad disgusting inside – anyone sling these in the dishwasher and do they (bite valve) come out ok ?

jon1973
    Free Member

Wouldn't it be better to soak it for a few hours in some Milton or something? Never tried my bottle in the dishwasher.

iainc

jon – undoubtedly it would, but I'm lazy and it needs done pretty much weekly as it sits on my desk at work from Mon to fri, getting filled up from the water dispenser as required.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

It's fine in the dishwasher (top shelf). Just check the rubber valve in the lid when it comes out – mine got a coffee ground stuck in there that caused it to leak most of the contents onto the passenger seat of the car.

jon1973
    Free Member

Fair enough. I kind of do the same thing with mine, they tend to stay a bit more pleasent if you leave the lid off when it's empty.

iainc

torosinalake – excellent, that's what I wanted to hear 😛 take it you leave the that valve on it ?

ta

torsoinalake
    Free Member

I normally take off the bite valve and the straw bit. The valve that was leaking is the flap that lets air in. If you turn the lid upside down it's the rubber disc in the middle, it doesn't come apart. Just check to make sure there is no debris in there when it comes out the dishwasher as it stops it from sealing.

iainc

thanks, will do

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘camelbak bottles and dishwashers’ is closed to new replies.