Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • cafetiere that doesn't pour coffee on your feet?
  • B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Latest one (TKMax) has a plastic base of which the main purpose appears to be to collect hot coffee and then pour it all over you toes or the carpet. Any recommendations of well designed, tough (I’ve smashed a few recently) and reasonably cheap (upto £20). Thanks

trail_rat
    Free Member

broke a number of cheap ass ones in normal use (i dont mean dropping them)….

picked up a bodum 8 cup and a 3 cup off amazon fairly cheap in the awful gold /bronze colour they do…..

stopped breaking cafetieres over night – cant remember last time i bought one.

and they certainly dont pour over my toes/bunker or anythign else except into the cup.

BillMC

Get a steel thermos plunger from Amazon. Look around though as some are stupidly priced. I got several within your budget.

Cougar

Aeropress instead?

Rubber_Buccaneer

^This, maybe just over £20. If you only want one cup at a time I find the Aeropress easier, mostly on the clean up side.

lemonysam
    Free Member

^This, maybe just over £20. If you only want one cup at a time I find the Aeropress easier, mostly on the clean up side.

..it also makes something quite different to cafetiere coffee.

OP, the bodum suggestion’s a good one, they pour well and you can usually find them cheap – not one of the ones with a pointless stopper thing though. I also like to pour without plunging, using the mesh as a filter instead, I find I get far less sludge that way.

IHN

One of these:

Really very good.

finbar
    Free Member
    Rubber_Buccaneer

.it also makes something quite different to cafetiere coffee

People mostly use it to make stronger coffee but where’s the difference? Pour hot water over ground coffee, give it time to brew then force it through a filter by hand. The paper filter works better than cafetiere ones do which is a plus and it’s easy to clean.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Ok cheers for that, I like the idea of a none glass one, purely based on the number I’ve had crack on me and the contents poor over the carpet.

andytherocketeer

The cheap 2 quid one I got from Asda.
    It just works.

Only complaint is the coefficient of expansion of glass and that of the plastic holder part differs, so always hold the glass bit with thumb when upending the contents (mainly when it’s been in hot washing up bowl – the plastic bit doesn’t heat up thru the glass much from heat from the coffee)

lemonysam
    Free Member

I prefer a pyrex one as I like to be able to see the plug and then to be able to tell when the grounds have stopped settling before I pour the coffee.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘cafetiere that doesn't pour coffee on your feet?’ is closed to new replies.