Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Building Regs and Waste Removal
  • fossy

It’s a tricky one – I contacted the council a fair while back and within days, he had a grab to remove the soil, but that was it. It’s a mess – I’m surprised his missus puts up with it. The neighbour next door has had enough, but she’s terrified of him. I’ll see what the EA say as waste should be managed properly. It’s going to cost him at some point !

flicker
    Free Member

I’d assume he should be managing that lot straight into a skip – he had a skip there a couple of weeks ago, but that was full of rubble from other clients – was bailing it from his van to the skip. Going to be an ar$e of a job getting that lot into a skip or 4 now

Our neighbour, Bob the builder has just started another building extension. This doesn’t have planning although might not need it, but he’s already got a ‘habitable’ brick building that doesn’t have planning at the end of his garden. He’s currently removed the old conservatory and is removing foundations

He’s a tight arse. I’ll put money on him having skips for customers waste dropped outside his house so he can use them to get rid of the customers waste and his over the coming months/year. Saves him having to pay for skips for his rubbish, and he gets away with it using threats and intimidation.

oldtennisshoes

I’ll put money on him having skips for customers waste dropped outside his house so he can use them to get rid of the customers waste and his over the coming months/year.

Presumably he’d need a waste carriers licence to move the waste from site to his house.

Greybeard
    Free Member

a waste carriers licence to move the waste from site to his house

and a waste storage licence to store it there – or to have registered an exemption with the EA

flicker
    Free Member

Presumably he’d need a waste carriers licence to move the waste from site to his house.

and a waste storage licence to store it there – or to have registered an exemption with the EA

You’d hope so…

Greybeard
    Free Member

You’d also hope that the EA would consider it their duty to take action if they find out he doesn’t have them or isn’t conforming to the conditions… but will they?

wzzzz
    Free Member

You’d also hope that the EA would consider it their duty to take action if they find out he doesn’t have them or isn’t conforming to the conditions… but will they?

unlikely under the conservatives vision of the country:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/we-dont-have-the-money-to-beat-polluters-environment-agency-admits-dqhrtxxbr

The Environment Agency (EA) has too little money to carry out its enforcement work effectively, a letter obtained by The Times has said.

According to the newspaper, EA chair Emma Howard Boyd last August wrote to Environment Secretary George Eustice to warn that funding cuts meant England’s environmental performance was deteriorating.

In the letter, obtained under Freedom of Information legislation, The Times reported Ms Howard Boyd saying cuts of more than half to the EA’s enforcement budget had come on top of new statutory duties.

“All this is allowing more people and businesses to break the environmental rules”, she said, adding “serious waste criminals are taking advantage: the Environment Agency is now finding illegal waste sites as fast it can close down existing ones”.

tthew

Yeah, as it’s private land it’ll be up to the owners to pay for disposal of fly-tipped waste – makes it a nice cheap job for him divided by 11! maybe that was his plan all along.

How is Janet bearing up?

JackHammer

When I had a similar issue with rubble/building materials being stored on the road/footpath for months and an open pit with no fence round. I just emailed my local councillors and asked who or what I should talk to/do as I didn’t know which property the mess belonged to. They passed it on to someone, or other who went around and chased the bugger and it all got sorted out sharpish.

There’s still a massive hole in the ground but at least there’s some fence round it, and the rubble and gravel has all been tidied away.

nickjb
    Free Member

^ You had a load of rubble and a hole that needs filling, surely there was a better solution?

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Building Regs and Waste Removal’ is closed to new replies.