Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Bugger (dog content)
  • onehundredthidiot

So I’m in a sunny field watching two idiot dogs chase each but my old pup is in front of the fire at home shaking. He went a bit lame in the front shoulder a few days ago. Vet gave him penicillin and metacalm. Today’s he’s dragging his back paws and shaking. Hopefully I’m having a hear attack because I’ve got an overwhelming feeling of dread.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Bugger indeed. ☹️

mattyfez

Arthritis?
    Metcalm is just a pain killer/anti inflammatory kinda similar to ibrubrofen.
    Penecillin is an AB..

Did the vet do any diagnosis, any injury?

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Good luck.🙁

onehundredthidiot

He may have had a wee barny with visiting dog. Possible arthritic flare up in front shoulder but back leg issue causing concern, possible arthritic spine inflammation hence steroid injection, but it almost as if he’s got lessened feeling to the back legs. Not helped by him stubbornly not showing pain and not moving head, until a biscuit appeared.

smudgey
    Free Member

Hi I hope your dog will be o.k,if hes not then take him to the emergency vets tomorrow.Thats all you can do really.

Onzadog
    Free Member

If you turn his rear paws over so the tops are on the floor, how quickly does he right them? It’s called knuckling. If there’s a pause before correction, it points towards neurological issues.

onehundredthidiot

Just been out for a pee. He’s walking where every step drugs his back paws. I knew someone with cerebral palsy and he’s walking a bit like that guy did.

SaxonRider

He’s beautiful! How old is he?

dovebiker

Try Onzadog’s suggestion – one of our previous hounds suffered a spinal torsion and this was how it was diagnosed. Dogs are very stoic and will only really exhibit excruciating pain.

Drac

Bugger indeed.
    Hopefully it’s just a bit inflammation.

onehundredthidiot

No noticeable pause. He righted them pretty much straight away pretty much as quickly as the 4yo.
    Reasons not to google.
    He was given synulox and there’s a few stories on internet about it knackering the balance etc of older dogs.

He’s 10 in that photo and this one.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BziyetxDXtt/?igshid=16qrzfvwt9o6m

Futureboy77

Lovely looking dog. Hope it all works out ok 👍

onehundredthidiot

A bit better than yesterday but still a disconnect in the rear end. I can’t figure out how to put a video here without making Instagram friends aware.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Bugger (dog content)’ is closed to new replies.