Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Budget-ish direct drive trainers.
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Ok so the last year means there’s no bargains anymore, even the Zumo has jumped from £450 RRP to £525 since it launched last year.

Has anyone seen a review for the Jet-black Volt? Spec is fairly similar to the Elite Suito, but cheaper than a Zumo (as it comes with an 11s cassette). And what reviews there are claim it’s effectively silent? Downside is it doesn’t look like it folds.

I’m potentially working away in hotels for the next 3 months (on call so pretty much 20h each day with nothing to do) and looks like lockdowns going to happen again so I’m really considering giving Zwift another go.

Considered the Direto and Kickr Core too, are they worth the ~£200 premium over the entry level ones?

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/saris-h3-turbo-trainer-ps68719-with-next-day-delivery-3635199

gift20 makes this ~£687, RRP is £800+, but it’s Mike and his Sports Direct.

I did ~9 hours on my Direto last week, I probably used my old Elite Volaire Mag for less than 9 hours over the ~7 years I had it before giving away with my old Tricross Singlecross. Interaction with the virtual terrain, ERG workouts which tell your turbo to match session intervals without you changing gear, plus the Zwift events make them so much more less boring.

Some non-smart turbos at PX starting from £50 at the mo, plus their best mat is £25.

1timmy1
    Free Member

https://www.bikester.co.uk/elite-suito-t-home-trainer-1363482.html

Doesn’t come with a cassette but is cheaper than the current inflated prices elsewhere for the one’s that include the cassette (the non “T” versions). Just need to wait for more stock to come in (that’s what I did). Has the advantage of folding and also not being quite as heavy as other trainers.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Some non-smart turbos at PX starting from £50 at the mo, plus their best mat is £25.

I’ve got a dumb trainer and all the other bits (will need Apple TV and a new BT HR strap) and did use it quite a bit. I just can’t see myself using it every day, sufferfest it just too hard.

Hence fancy giving Zwift a second chance for more z1/z2 “riding” rather than training as I won’t be able to actually go out for a ride.

bigyim
    Free Member

Ive got an elite directo and it’s been great to be fair. Can’t compare it to anything else but it’s good. Lots of reviews etc on YouTube and comparisons, gplama is usually pretty good for reviews

molgrips
    Free Member

My Direto X has also been great. Didn’t get much use over the summer obvs but has been busy since sept.

Houns

Just wondering if anyone has seen any “budget” (below £600 😏 ) direct drive smart trainers in stock anywhere? Could we turn this thread in to a PSA stock thread?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Budget-ish direct drive trainers.’ is closed to new replies.