Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Brownie points
  • dawson

Well, yesterday I took the day off work to be a parent helper accompanying(sp?) my daughter on a school trip with a bunch of five year olds to a farm type place – White Post Farm

Does the STW massiv think this is enough brownie points to get a bike ride AND a trip to the pub? (2 seperate events)

druidh
    Free Member

You took your daughter on a school trip. At what point does this put you “in credit”?

BigDummy
    Free Member

Agreed, I’m not seeing it.

But then I do not have children, reject the concept of brownie points and have not yet had my balls cut off and pickled. 🙂

wors

why the **** do you need to ask or get ‘brownie points’ to go for a ride or go to the pub?

Sommat wrong if you need permission.

dawson

I took a day off work (which used a valuable holiday day up)

I was the only bloke there…

oh, I give up. You’re all on ‘her’ side aren’t you 😉 !

looks like it’ll just be the bike ride then (in the pi$$ing rain looking at the forecast)

coffeeking
    Free Member

Isnt that jsut called being a parent, dawson? 😀

Just get out and ride!

dawson

yeah, i ‘spose

(looks down, hands in pockets, shoe kicks at imaginary piece of dirt in a ‘yeah you’re right really’ kind of way)

It would have probably got me in the bad books anyway- its the missus birthday tomoz…

midlifecrashes

You need to up your game on the school trips too, I’m driving one of the minibuses to Robin Hood’s Bay with year sevens in July. On the last day we’re taking them all biking at Dalby.

finbar
    Free Member

I went to white post farm a couple of times when i was at primary school and the place was (is?) an absolute sh1thole. Most unpleasant school trips EVER.

Major brownie points i think.

Smee
    Free Member

Hoi softlad MTFU.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

It’s a good start. Don’t let the negative responses put you off, but don’t think of it as a “if I do this then I can do that…” type thing. It’s about karma.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

yes but was she at home doing all the other things that you didn’t have time to do etc…….

I always figure I’m in credit but she does the counting

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Brownie points’ is closed to new replies.