Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)
  • Brown ‘very angry’ about bonuses
  • enfht
    Free Member

linky

Shouldn’t the title read “Brown unable to prevent bonuses” What an absolute tw*t, he’s implying bankers should “do whats right” but aint that the pot calling the kettle black? And all this from an unelected PM. FFS!

surfer
    Free Member

Why is it the “pot calling the kettle black”?

enfht
    Free Member

Cos Brown should “do whats right” himself and step aside

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

But aren’t the bankers contractually entitled to the bonusses?

aP
    Free Member

But which PM has ever been elected?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Is it too early for a G&T?

I’ve got some lovely Fever Tree tonic water to go with it. A choice of Gordon’s London Export and Bombay.

surfer
    Free Member

I dont think he’s asking the bankers to resign just not to accept bonuses.

enfht
    Free Member

bigdugsbaws-yes, so WTF is the point of Brown cheap a**-covering exercise AFTER baling out the banks with our money. He’s an utter c*nt.

enfht
    Free Member

Surfer, my point is he should have known this all along, who briefs this idiot?

surfer
    Free Member

Maybe it should be you.

mudshark
    Free Member

If Brown wants to change something then legislation is needed; can’t expect someone to turn down cash unless organized at an organization level somehow I suppose.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Maybe Brown should get “angry” at all his own staff claiming all their special expenses.

If you live in London, work in London and send your kids to school in London then maybe you shouldn’t really buy a little cottage in the country and say it’s your main residence so you can claim ‘expenses’ for your London pad….

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

And all this from an unelected PM

When has any PM been elected to be PM?

IHN

And the alternative to bailing out the banks was…?

enfht
    Free Member

Piedi, he “took over” from Blair and was not voted in by the electorate, and hasnt had the bottle to put his “public backing” to the test

surfer
    Free Member

You seem to be missing the point raised by both Piedi and aP.

enfht
    Free Member

IHN, dont think there was one, but it’s just b*llox for Brown to now play dumb when the bankers get their bonuses. He must think we’re all stupid

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

well…………….

he could have let them go to the wall, paid back every investors savings, made a lot of people with offset mortagages/big savings very angry, created more unemployed bankers, ruined the banking system (causing most of the other banks to topple in a domino effect), and generaly sent us back to the stone age. Instead we seem to have stoped somewhere arroudnd the early 90’s. Not great, but could have been worse.

I didnt vote for the PM either, and neither has anyone else at a Genreral Election in the history of Brittish politics. The PM is voted for by members of their political party, the idea being you’r supposed to vote for your local MP who is most likely to agree with your views, and he then votes according to his views in parliment.

enfht
    Free Member

Notice I havent made any opinion regarding the bank opt-out, but if Brown believes people will swallow his “Im very angry” bullsh*t he’s more of an idiot than I thought. Spoon I get your point but brown knew full well he’d loose if he’d called an election when he took over from Blair, so he didnt call one, therefore he’s an unelected c*nt in my book.

IHN

What should he do then?

enfht
    Free Member

IHN, he should accept that the bonuses were unavoidable, instead of pretending he didnt know this would happen. Are were supposed to find comfort in the fact that our PM is “angry”. He’s such a ****.

funkynick

enfht, would this be in the same way that John Major went straight into an election as soon as he became PM?

Are you a banker by any chance? 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

enfht

Bit confused there do you like Brown or not?

you need to learn to express your opinions more clearly and not beat around the bush IMHO 😆

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

he was ellected by his own party, just like Blair, Major and The milk snatcher

enfht
    Free Member

Sorry junkyard so to clarify, he’s got my vote (the ****)

BigDummy
    Free Member

I do not understand why the enormous complexities of the world are not handed over to people like enfht to sort out.

😯

enfht
    Free Member

Thanks BigDummy, thats two votes in the last 10 mins I think I’m well on my way to Number 10. Then all you doubters will be sorry!!

grumm
    Free Member

What exactly do you think that Cameron would be doing about this? The Tories have never exactly been too hot on regulation have they.

enfht
    Free Member

Like I said, I’m not being drawn into “well what should X have done then?” I just really object to brown saying he’s “angry” about something he knew all along in some stupid attempt to make us feel better, ie “oh well, at least Gordon is angry about it”. He should have at least attempted to square this one off before he gave the banks our **** money.

grumm
    Free Member

‘I’m not going to be drawn into any kind of actual debate about the issues, I’m just going to eff and blind and whine’

Maybe he is angry – clearly not as angry as you though.

enfht
    Free Member

If only we were all as calm and wise as you grumm

enfht
    Free Member

grumm are you riding a horse?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I think he is expressing ‘tactical anger’

He knows he can’t really do anything either way, so saying he is angry is probably his way of trying not to upset too many people either side of the fence

enfht
    Free Member

Sorry Piedi after grumm’s arse whipping I no longer have an opinion

molgrips
    Free Member

aP is right. Prime ministers aren’t elected.

And armchair politicians should spend their time learning about the issues instead of ranting about stuff they can’t comprehend.

grizzlygus
    Free Member

he was elected by his own party, just like Blair, Major and The milk snatcher

Actually he wasn’t – there was no election.

The sicophantic self-serving ar5e-licking grovelling New Labour MPs, were far too scared of jeopardising their own personal political career ambitions, to nominate anyone other than their best mate Gordon.

So as a consequence he became the unelected leader of the party.

There has not been a shred of democracy within the Labour Party ever since right-wing extremist seized control of it 🙁

andym
    Free Member

Well I bet he can at least spell sycophantic.

Stoner
    Free Member

gus – what’s your take on cruddas?

Heard him on the parliament hour the other sunday night and he seemed a very intelligent and lucid mouthpiece for the party left. Has he got a following?

grizzlygus
    Free Member

I should **** hope so andym – Gordon Brown did a PhD at Edinburgh University.

I left my comprehensive school in Peckham with nothing more than CSEs.

grizzlygus
    Free Member

I really don’t know too much about Cruddas Stoner – never heard him speak.

But ever since hearing John McDonnell (the MP who would have stood against Brown had he received enough nominations) speak at a meeting, I’ve been very impressed by him – sound sensible man imo.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Brown ‘very angry’ about bonuses’ is closed to new replies.