Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • British Heart Foundation Dark Peak ride
  • pinch_flat
    Free Member

So who here did the dark peak ride today run by the BHF? I have to say I was pleasantly surprised at the route- that descent down from Mam tor was very technical considering some of the bikes people were riding which brings to a question- anyone know how the two people are that stacked it on this descent?

So did people have fun and would they do it again? Just looking for feedback as I had a really good day and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it, despite the very strong head wind that created some issues at times

joiner
    Free Member

Heard someone had a broken leg that was of the pit stop guy at the top of hagg farm but how true that is??? Enjoyed it but thought more marshalls were in order…..id do it again next week does that help ???

pinch_flat
    Free Member

Yeah I’d heard that mountain rescue had to get them down, at the first checkpoint I’d heard that two people were injured- edale mountain rescue only mention the one though. I agree that more marshalls would have been useful at times as the signing wasn’t fantastic all the way around

joiner
    Free Member

Should have been someone on the road crossings…..its a good job we knew the route made life easier…..sure more info will come along about the injured riders…..

pinch_flat
    Free Member

Yeah I was very surprised about the lack of marshalls on the A57 especially after all the fuss they made about this road. I will agree though that the on several occasions I came across riders who were struggling to find the right way and for me it was fortunate I knew the area as well as I did

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘British Heart Foundation Dark Peak ride’ is closed to new replies.