Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Britain's Favourite Biscuits
  • Mister-P
    Free Member

According to the Independent

So what the heck is a cake doing in the list? Thankfully no appearance by the Rich Tea, the celery of the biscuit world.

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

There’s no way the mighty yet humble bourbon should be down at number 9.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

#4 on favourites for dunking list.
    it’s rubbish anyway, no mint yo yos or choc chip shortcake

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Said it before but Fox’s butter crunch is, without question, the best, the respondents just don’t know it yet. Proper danger dunk though, I reckon about a 40% failure rate.

fasthaggis

No way the Custard cream should be in the top 10 👿

fasthaggis

Said it before but Fox’s butter crunch is, without question, the best, the respondents just don’t know it yet.

Sir,I think you will find that these

out Fox the butter crunch 🙂

martinhutch

Dunking chocolate digestives and hobnobs? Depravity!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

The king of biscuits…

Cougar

That’s not a biscuit, it’s two crackers held together with snot.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Fasthaggis Mmmm, need some pudding after my bangersnmash pie, you could be on to something there.

NBITF – you just don’t get it do you? Do you?

fasthaggis

That’s not a biscuit, it’s two crackers held together with snot fake cheese.

martinhutch

That’s not a biscuit, it’s two crackers held together with snot.

It certainly lives up to its acronym.

Drac

Behold the King.

kcal

no Duchy Originals ? standard are slipping..

martinhutch

Vile things.

Pigface
    Free Member

Tunnocks Caramel Wafer for me but not sure it is a biscuit.

bearnecessities

Drac

Only if you’re passing on the lefthand side.

arrpee
    Free Member

Bearnecessities + a squillion.

Things of genuine wonder.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Is shortbread considered a biscuit?

jeffl

Jaffa Cake is clearly not a biscuit. From this we can surmise that the British public are stupid.

castanea
    Free Member

Loads of non biscuits. Cakes and shortbreads don’t count. Fox’s Amber’s are amazing. No jammie dodgers?

willard

I thought the Jaffa [cake v. biscuit] argument had been fought all the way to the Supreme Court and that, after brief tax avoiding success, the weight of the law had come down on it being a biscuit rather than a cake?

I’m alo very disappointed that the public do not see fit to vote the might Rich Tea into top spot on both chars. As jeffl has said above, clearly they are stupid.

benji
    Free Member

Twinings sultana and butter biscuits, shame the van only calls once a month, they are delicious, I’m only allowed a packet a month 🙁

Drac

Noooooo! Not the Jaffa Cake debate again.

Rockape63
    Free Member

I like those Marks & Sparks all chocolate covered biscuits…yum!

Cougar

I thought the Jaffa [cake v. biscuit] argument had been fought all the way to the Supreme Court and that, after brief tax avoiding success, the weight of the law had come down on it being a biscuit rather than a cake?

You thought wrong, I’m afraid. The Jaffa Cake is a cake in name, in law, and in common sense.

Leave a biscuit to go stale and it goes soft. Leave cake (I know, right, what a concept) and if goes hard. Now, what does a Jaffa Cake do? There you go.

Noooooo! Not the Jaffa Cake debate again.

There is no debate, simply people who are right and people who are wrong. See also, pies.

Northwind

jeffl – Member

Jaffa Cake is clearly not a biscuit. From this we can surmise that the British public are stupid.

Once again, I’ll appeal to authority- my grandad, inventor of the jaffa orangey bit. Who ruled thus: Of course it’s a biscuit, you keep it in the biscuit box. He’s right, who ever put jaffa cakes our for desert?

The stale/soft thing is bobbins too, there’s cakes that go soft when left to go stale and biscuits that go hard, lots of cookies frinstance.

Tax status doesn’t really have any bearing on reality, as any multinational or nondom knows.

fasthaggis

Hands Northwind a Rusk

2tyred

I would have said chocolate HobNobs (everything else mentioned thus far that isn’t a chocolate HobNob is simply inferior) BUT!

Someone recently gave me a pack of ‘Grandma Wild’s oatie cookies‘ which obviously hark from somewhere good in the north of England.

Holy mother of God, not only are these things very tasty indeed, they’re also ENORMOUS! Practically visible from space!

Normally when I get in the house after a Monday night chaingang I can put away a big glass of milk and five or six HobNobs before going for a shower, but the other week I had one of these things and then thought a second might be a step too far.

I don’t know where you get them from, and I suspect they cost about a million pounds, but they’re proper sensational.

Cougar

I’ll appeal to authority- my grandad, inventor of the jaffa orangey bit.

False authority, that’s just opinion. Come back when you’ve spoken to the inventor of the cakey bit.

kcal

see also parkins – or perkins – which my mum used to make and swear by (not literally) – they were the size I still fondly imagine wagon wheels to be..

Northwind

Cougar – Moderator

False authority, that’s just opinion. Come back when you’ve spoken to the inventor of the cakey bit.

The cakey bit is just a lightly baked savoiardi cookie so I think that might be hard to arrange on account of the inventor died about 600 years ago.

Cougar

savoiardi

So, sponge cake then. Excellent, glad we cleared that up.

senorj

I can’t read the link , but Mcvities half coated milk choc digestives HAVE to be numero uno.
    Isn’t the jaffa cake/biscuit thing a tax dodge..?

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

No fig rolls?

All the more for me then.

Northwind

Cougar – Moderator

So, sponge cake then.

http://visitpiedmont.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/savoiardi-biscuits.html

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Into my 3rd week of ADF diet. And this. You utter ba****s.

Onzadog
    Free Member

In what way is shortbread not a biscuit? Sugar, butter, flour. What’s missing?

If further proof were needed, they go soft when left out too long.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Britain's Favourite Biscuits’ is closed to new replies.