Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Bristolians – Alpkit is coming
  • roger_mellie

And they want you to tell them if there’s anything they could be getting involved in, like local outdoors groups.

Survey here: survey

I have no connection to Alpkit, other than being an occasional customer.

Email text:

Hello from Alpkit Bristol!    Our Alpkit store in Bristol will be opening soon.    We want to make sure that we’re adding as much Alpkitness as possible to all the other amazing stuff around you. If you’ve got a couple of minutes to answer a few questions, I’d really appreciate your help.    Thanks a lot and don’t forget to drop in for a look round and a brew when we’re open.

Cheers    Mark  The man in charge of opening Alpkit Bristol

Join the Alpkit Team in Bristol! If you fancy being part of the team at our new Alpkit Store, have a look at our vacancies. We are always on the lookout for talented, creative people with an interest in the outdoors to be part of our team.

eskay

That is great news!!! I will do the survey now.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Had a half hour in the new Edinburgh store a few weeks back, some nice kit but they’re up into Rab/ME/Montane prices now.

branes

Be warned – the very last question on the survey asks for your email address and won’t proceed unless you add it. I know I could have put a fake one, but I’d like to know why they need my email address first.

MoreCashThanDash

I know I could have put a fake one, but I’d like to know why they need my email address first.

Because they started out as an Internet only retailer in a crappy unit in the arse end of Ilkeston, and old habits die hard?

joshvegas
    Free Member

Protip if you have Gmail.

Actualemail+alpkit@gmail.com

You get the emails but if you get weird email you can see where it’s come from.

And block it at a later date using filters.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Obviously it’s for marketing, You can opt out if you like. Nothing sinister here. Common sense that they would want contact details for local customers expressly interested in their company.

willard

@joshvegas Wait, what? That works? Awesome! Thank you for that tip.

lankystreakofpee

@joshvegas you sir are a genius. I’ve had gmail for years and didn’t know you could do that! I use a burner Hotmail account for stuff I’m wary of, but never check it and miss stuff, so that is a perfect solution. Cheers!

branes

Obviously it’s for marketing, You can opt out if you like. Nothing sinister here. Common sense that they would want contact details for local customers expressly interested in their company.

Well, yes. But I’d prefer that they warn me they’re going to demand it *before* I go through the questionnaire.

FOG

Second NBITF. I used to be a fan boi in the internet days. Often weird cut and shape of clothes but very cheap . Once they moved to shops prices went up even before Covidtax hit. Now they are comparable in price to other big outdoor retailers although to be fair quality seems to have improved

MoreCashThanDash

Well, yes. But I’d prefer that they warn me they’re going to demand it *before* I go through the questionnaire.

Not sure I’ve done a survey that doesn’t have it at the end, just assume it comes with the territory- and opt out of emails if they are a nuisance

joshvegas
    Free Member

I mean i’d love to take credit for finding this out but in reality I got the tip on here so like to share it occasonally.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Meh . Not a fan. The quality seems to have deteriorated and shop staff dont seem to GaS.

Boughta Gourdon about 8 years ago and it was brilliant. Used it loads until the material ripped as it was so thin and faded. Great piece of kit.

Bought the same rucksack last year and they have made some weird subtle changes to it. Shorter back and shorter straps. Im a pretty skinny bloke ( well, around the chest anyway) and have the shoulder straps on maximum extension.

Tried one on in Ambleside store and it was. Just the same. Showed it to the assistant and explained that the origin was awesome but the new one was flawed. She made some vague noises about how weird that was, and that it did indeed look too small, but it was quite clear that she wasn’t going to bother actually feeding back this customer input to the company that she worked for.

Very strange attitude

zerocool

I suggested helping fund the rebuilding of Longwell Green pump track. Make it flow a bit better, all weather surface and more suitable for kids of all ages.

nickjb
    Free Member

Bristol Trail Group are looking for funding, mostly to do work in 50 acre and Leigh Woods. Maybe give them a mention, it might help.

dudeofdoom

and more suitable for kids of all ages.

50+ 🙂

I used to love a sneaky lap of that when the kids were at school.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Bristolians – Alpkit is coming’ is closed to new replies.