• This topic has 19 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Brexit Bulldog resigns
  • frankconway

Reported that DD has resigned. Does this mean he agrees with BoJo’s opinion about polishing?

grtdkad
    Free Member

We are polishing a turd though.  The brexiters were sold a lie, and no substance as to what ‘being out’ will actually look like for the country.

It’s almost like the moment when a stroppy child says they’re leaving home, slam the door and then in mild panic just sit on the doorstep because the implications of ‘out’ are too unfathomably difficult to navigate and unpick. Brexit is costing the country a fortune (directly and indirectly).  In the business that I am in (energy) we have had no end of projects cancelled, limited capacity for new legislation and our german parent company are bit-by-bit pulling out of the UK.

An aquantaince of mine, a very successful businessman (and a very right wing brexiter) got very excited recently when the additional money for the NHS was in the news, “see, there’s even more money than was on the red bus, yah boo”. Believing the spin and propaganda once again…silence when they started talking about raising tax to meet the subsequent bill.    ‘kin muppet.

But tell the brexit voters that they were sold a lie and they will always resort to turning aggressive and quote ‘the will of the people’.

5, 4, 3, 2 …

Garry_Lager

A beaten man, never appeared able or willing to take ownership of Brexit beyond the soundbite – trivially out-manouevred by the Sir Humphrey hive-mind.

hatter

Reality does seem to be closing in, even Farage has gone from ‘Brexit will solve all our problems” to ‘I never said it’d be easy’

Now the free unicorn for every household vision that was pushed so hard to get Leave over the line is very publicly crumbling… People’s vote?

andrewh
    Free Member

It was always going to be an establishment stitch-up, a Brexit in name only. Too many MPs who have done very well out of the current system thank you very much trying desperately to thwart it, coupled with the natural human instinct to fear change played upon by the left wing press.

Poor Bulldog has done his best but we needed unity in the government on this side of the channel ages ago and he was never given it, he wasn’t appointed to negotiate with remoaners but found himself doing that rather than his actual job. I’m surprised he stuck with it as long as he did, the rest of the British political elite, with a few notable exceptions, were doing their best to make his job impossible.

Principled man refusing to argue for something he doesn’t agree with.

Any news on a replacement?

Caher

I’m sad, Dead Ringers are losing a main character.

cornholio98
    Free Member

Principled man refusing to argue for something he doesn’t agree with.

A man who should have decided what type of exit he was aiming for, presented this to his colleagues and then asked for support. No one knows what he wants to argue for.

if you leave the planning and policy to everyone else and waste 18 months don’t be surprised if it doesn’t work out how you might want

tjagain

A drunk and dim and a liar

Four hours of meetings with Barnier in 16 months.  No idea of what he actually wanted

MrWoppit
    Free Member

An interesting week ahead for Ruritania.

A fatally weak leadership, a split PP., a government consumed by the one issue with which it can’t cope and a ’70’s throwback opposition waiting in the wings.

And jumping into the middle of this enormous bucket of shit,  the Orange Nightmare From Over There.

Perhaps the Windsors will rescue you from chaos.

Bonne chance avec ca, mes amis.

oldnpastit

He had years to come up with a workable solution and failed. Waste of tax payer’s money.

DrJ

Will anyone notice? Maybe so, if his replacement actually shows up for work!

tomd
    Free Member

I guess in more normal times, a minister who had been in his role for 2 years and failed to deliver on the main aspects of his role would be sacked or resign in disgrace.

He seems to have disassociated himself from the mess he’s leaving behind and is trying to become a martyr.

MSP

Yep, and I expect a few more brexiteers to follow his example and resign just before the seeds of their incompetence bears fruit. They will then blame the adults for the compromise and May’s strategy in keeping them close will be shown to be another act of incompetence.

Right from the start, sensible capable people should have been tasked with getting the best result for the UK possible, instead the **** wits decided to attempt to be machiavellian and **** the UK.

martinhutch

Perhaps the Windsors will rescue you from chaos.

Well…

Legally I can kill him, Queen confirms

I notice Wetherspoon Gammon has been on BBC Breakfast just now having a whine, so things must be heading in a better direction.

How long until we request a deferment to sort our shit out?

Harry_the_Spider

I do wish that The ‘Spoons Gammon would eff off back to whatever rock he crawled out from under.

As for DD & Co… I’d be quite enjoying the Tory Party Civil War if my kids’ future wasn’t part of the collateral damage.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

DD, a man totally out of his depth, caught in the realisation that his chlorine washed chickens are coming home to roost.

bikebouy
    Free Member

BOOM 👍🕺📉

The Business Analyst has passed over his findings and upon seeing the scope and impacts has finally bailed and handed his notice in.

Save Maybot doing it.

Right, next …. off you go LyingBloHard

thepurist

DD, a man totally out of his depth

TBF he gave the impression that he’d be out of his depth in a puddle.

Larry_Lamb
    Free Member

Love it how DD criticises the plan, yet still fails to communicate how he best thinks it should happen.

Just now on BBC4 – “it wont work, we’ve conceded too much” but doesn’t give a view of how he thinks it should work. Simply because these Tory Brexiteers do not have a scooby doo how it should work. No one did at the vote and they still dont now.

They have no solution for the Ireland border or to minimise huge impacts to business and watching it all go overseas. The current strategy of being a follower of the club and having no say is now the only way Brexit can happen.

Well done Cameron.

Drac
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Brexit Bulldog resigns’ is closed to new replies.