Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 114 total)
  • Breakfast food of choice
  • Bunnyhop

Our family are creatures of habit.
    My father had a full English for all of his adult life.
    Hubby has a mixture of weetabix and oatibix, plus half a bagel or slice of seeded toast.
    Porridge for me with a bit of cinnamon and a small drizzle of honey in a BIG bowl.

What’s yours?

steve_b77
    Free Member

2 slices of toast with some of that spread stuff and maybe some blackcurrant or blueberry jam

MarkyG82

Shreddies. As much (many?) That will sensibly fit in the bowl so I don’t spill it when walking to the table.

fathomer

Porridge with dried blueberries, cranberries and raisins. Semi skimmed milk in the week, full fat at the weekends.

Klunk
    Free Member

beans on toasted doorsteps and oodles of butter
    breakfast (bacon and egg) bap
    sausage sarnies with chili relish

usually with OJ and espresso

fadda

Granola.

None of your authentic artisan stuff, though – it’s the sweetened nonsense that’s relatively cheap in any supermarket, so I can pretend to be healthy and holier than others, whilst still feeding my sugar dependency…

Working night shift, so literally just had my breakfast of three crumpets with Benecol spread and marmite

It can range from nothing, to a banana, to a tin of tuna (if I’ve just been to the gym), to muesli, to my favourite of two slices of small seeded batch (warburtons) with mackerel in spicy tomato sauce, with black pepper and Lea & Perrins, or Hendersons relish.

I rarely eat as soon as I get up, can be an hour or two later. Very occassionally now (used to be regular), bacon will be involved

binners

2 slices of toast with some of that spread stuff and maybe some blackcurrant or blueberry jam

I don’t like anything sweet so go for toast with loads of butter then pâté

Absolutely anything is fair game at weekends. Smoked salmon and scrambled egg is a regular favourite

And who doesn’t love feeling dirty after wolfing down a Double sausage and egg McMuffin and a hash brown> 😀

toby1

Weekdays, 2 eggs scrambled on sourdough, 1 day a week with maple syrup, the rest of the week ketchup and sweet chili sauce.
    Weekends, as above plus 3 slices of pancetta cut smoked bacon. OR sourdough pancakes with fruit and syrup.
    Alternative option is some homemade nutty granola, it’s easy to do, tastes great and is relatively cheap compared to shop bought too. BBC good food ‘good for you granola’ recipe.

I want a waffle iron, but my wife has sensibly said this is probably a terrible idea for weight management. I LOVE breakfast foods though.

johndoh
    Free Member

Coffee

Perhaps once every couple of months a bacon and egg butty.

jonnyfelloff
    Free Member

Over night oats when I can be bothered, but usually frosted shreddies (left to go soggy before eating).

johndoh
    Free Member

frosted shreddies (left to go soggy before eating).

You sick, sick individual. Get out of here.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Smashed Avocado on toast with pico de gallo.
    Huevos Rancheros.
    Cheese crumpets with salsa.
    Scrambled eggs, usually with buttered bread rather than toast.
    Last night’s curry takeaway leftovers (not usually anything left…)

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Kestrel super

Poached eggs at the weekend

Washed down with kestrel super

jambourgie
    Free Member

Used to be coffee and cigarettes. These days just coffee and coffee.

I bloody miss smoking.

impatientbull

Breakfast #1, after getting up but before early morning ride or gym: muesli, frozen strawberries and blueberries, yoghurt and soy milk. Made the night before and put in the fridge.

Breakfast #2, when I get to my desk: chicken, rocket and tomato bagel, sometimes with saucisson.

And who doesn’t love feeling dirty after wolfing down a Double sausage and egg McMuffin and a hash brown

That or a Greggs breakfast roll frequently replace breakfast #2 on the drive to the trails at the weekend.

Yeah, coffee is the first thing I think about

llama

Well you have to go massive for the food factor, so either sausage, bacon, or corned-beef hash with diced chilies, a Spanish omelette or eggs Benedict.

Coffee and a bloody Mary or two, maybe a margarita, who knows maybe something stronger to finish for dessert

Eaten in the sun on the patio while reading the newspaper while naked, obviously

mogrim

Some kind of bircher muesli, usually something like 100ml apple juice, 100g frozen forest fruits, pot of either natural or strawberry yoghourt, and four heaped tablespoons of oats. I make it last thing at night, stick it in the fridge, and it’s ready next morning for breakfast.

Houns

Cup of tea, and a biscuit on my days off. Can’t face anything else to eat until late morning

ElShalimo

Nowadays, a decadent breakfast is poached eggs on sourdough washed down with a mug of tea, a brief pause then a jug of coffee

When I was younger I would have been very happy with a couple of fried egg barms with runny yokes. Oh my that takes me back

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Weekdays, usually a couple of pieces of fruit and coffee.

Weekends:

chakaping
    Free Member

Most days it’s scrambled eggs on toast, beans and egg on toast or beans on toast (with grated cheese).

chrismac

Weekdays its banana, blueberries, a bit of muesli, skyr and milk. Weekends eggs on toast

binners

Used to be coffee and cigarettes. These days just coffee and coffee.

I bloody miss smoking.

@jambourgie
    – as soon as I read that I went all misty eyed for the days of starting the day stood at the back door with a coffee and sparking up a B&H

The breakfast of champions, and I’ve always said that it is the one cigarette of the day I actually miss.

mrsheen
    Free Member

Two babybel and a pint of tomato juice.

J-R

A cup of tea in bed. Would rather lie in bed longer than be bothered with breakfast.

Daffy

Fresh coffee, a small bowl of mixed fresh berries (blueberries, raspberries and strawberries) and figs along with a croissant or danish.

slowoldman

It varies usually between porridge, all bran, weetabix, shredded wheat (all with added fruit and nuts) and toast. Sundays are special – boiled eggs and toast. Fry up now and then scrambled eggs and smoked salmon sometimes too.

tomtomthepipersson
    Free Member

Coffee first then a big bowl of porridge (made with Oat Milk), golden syrup, blueberries and cinnamon. And this time of year – maybe a hot cross bun or two. Then another coffee.

chakaping
    Free Member

scrambled eggs and smoked salmon sometimes too.

My new thing is substituting pastrami for the salmon.

Tastier, cheaper and perhaps less ethically dubious (assuming farmed salmon).

IHN

Coffee, and either

– bowl of half muesli/half granola mix, with a small handful each of raisins and sultanas on it. Usually with milk, occasionally with Greek yoghurt

or

– toast, one round with butter and marmalade, the other with crunchy peanut butter and jam.

jeffl

Oat milk, peanut butter and banana smoothie. If I’m feeling particularly decadent I may add in some cacoa nibs.

slowoldman

My new thing is substituting pastrami for the salmon.

Sounds good. Reminds of the “Czech Breakfast” a climbing partner introduced me to whilst in the Torino hut (where the kitchen facilities at the time comprised a shelf to put your stove on).

Chop a piece of some sort of sausage – chorizo, pastrami, that sort of thing, cook slowly in pan to release fatty goodness. Add chopped onion and red pepper. Cook for a bit then crack in a couple of eggs and scramble. Serve with baguette. Easy one pot cooking and “wash” the pan with the bread.

It was good.

RustySpanner

A tuna salad sandwich, usually just after I’ve arrived in work about 06.30. 🙂

Takes about a minute to make and puts me in a ‘work’ mood.
    I’ve no idea why.

CheesybeanZ

Large bowl of porridge with a banana and honey, sometimes I go crazy and have walnuts as well .

wheelsonfire1

No regular breakfast, quite often wait until 11 ish. Sometimes porridge, sometimes yoghurt, sometimes bacon sandwiches, omelette with onions, garlic and herbs. Sugar puffs with oat milk the other day but my favourite is Californian stuff, peasant potatoes, Huevos Rancheros, spicy garlic stuff, what a way to start a day!
    And if in California – not had a passport for about 10 years but if I did – a glass of the Mexican stout, Modello?

jambourgie
    Free Member

The breakfast of champions, and I’ve always said that it is the one cigarette of the day I actually miss.

Oh man, totally! Bleary-eyed double headrush of nicotine and caffeine… what’s that proverb? ‘it’s better to have loved and lost’… but still, it’s bloody hard.

trailmonkey

Weekdays, Banana, black coffee
    Weekends, Greek Yoghurt with Muesli & Honey, black coffee
    Hungover, Slow cooked scrambled Eggs on Toast, black coffee

maccruiskeen

I don’t normally eat til lunchtime (which I guess means thats when I break my fast) So breakfast  today was Chicken Pad Thai and a Bounty Bar.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 114 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.