Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 114 total)
  • Breakfast food of choice
  • northernmatt

When I was at uni it was a cup of tea and a ‘herbal’ cigarette.

Got older/sensible so it changed to coffee and a cig.

Now it’s whatevers left after the kids and wife have hoovered up all the good stuff.

mattcartlidge

Eggs and beans on toast or chorizo and cheese omelette if WFH, English breakfast buffet if in the office.

sandboy

I’m with you OP. Except with fruit, mostly sliced banana but sometimes blueberries or sliced dried apricots. Porridge is the only thing that keeps me going till lunchtime.
    At the weekend it’s usually bacon butties.
    Edit-oh yes, lots of coffee.

olddog

Coffee plus one of the following…

Porridge
    Granola
    Minibix
    Cheerios
    Croissant
    Pain au chocolate
    Toast with jam/marmalade
    Toasted teacake

pondo

Two soft-boiled eggs (eaten whole (deshelled, mind – I’m not an animal)) and an oat milk coffee. Boom. 🙂

footflaps

Bowl of Allbran with water and some fruit followed by peanut butter on toast.

Both of which I have to share with out cats..

Bertie waits by the toaster for his Peanut Butter (he licks the knife and gets the odd nibble out of the toast).

[url=https://flic.kr/p/QhzvoG]Bertie waiting for peanut butter on toast[/url] by Ben Freeman, on Flickr

Our brown nosed tabby has first dibs on the Allbran…

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2m5CwEE]Brown Nose eating Allbran[/url] by Ben Freeman, on Flickr

MoreCashThanDash

Week days or weekend riding days – coffee and granola

Non riding weekends – coffee, pain au chocolat, banana.

Everyday – 20mg Citalopram

Obviously this is First Breakfast.

stayhigh
    Free Member

I’m partial to a tin of sardines in olive oil much to the horror of my colleagues on early shifts. Failing that its porridge with either cranberries or blueberries, pumpkin seeds, cinnamon and honey. Either way, fresh black coffee is a must!

footflaps

Everyday – 20mg Citalopram

+1

surfer
    Free Member

A large cup of Aeropress Coffee with skimmed milk and A bowl of Shreddies that Red Rum couldn’t get over

Bunnyhop

You all sound quite a healthy bunch.

What I really want for breakfast isn’t porridge but: 2 x pain au chocolate, a big bacon barm and poached eggs with avocado, a big juicy navel orange and 2 slices of toast with lime marmalade. Alas one has to look after one’s figure.

phil5556

Very often scrambled eggs on toast / bagel / tattie scone.

When I’m early shift all bets are off and it’s whatever I can grab at 6am before getting out the door – I’m not one of these morning people that goes to the gym and then has second breakfast once they get to work.

bigblackshed

Muesli or granola, with coconut milk or skimmed milk. One of those little pots of drinking yogurt, black coffee.

Occasionally add a croissant, or toast and marmalade, maybe orange juice.

Winter I’ll have porridge with dried fruits if I can be bothered. Once in a blue moon will be a variation of cooked breakfast, varying quantities of cooked pig and eggs.

Mostly fairly healthy except for the sugar rush from shop bought cereals.

maccruiskeen

Porridge is the only thing that keeps me going till lunchtime.

What keeps me going to lunchtime is not having breakfast. On the occasions I do have anything at breakfast time I’m hungry again by 10.30 / 11ish. If I don’t eat breakfast then I’m not hungry at all.

dyna-ti

Coffee, followed by secondary coffee.

If I’ve managed to get to the butchers then its a couple of rolls on lorne., or a couple of lamb burgers and cheese.

I know, not very healthy.

easily
    Free Member

Espresso.
    Then tea.
    If it’s a work day I have two Weetabix.
    If it’s a non-work day and I can be bothered I have French Toast. If I’m really going for it I’ll add bacon.
    If it’s a big day and I need the fuel I’ll have Huevos Rancheros:

Mexican breakfast eggs (Huevos rancheros)

If you’ve never tried this I urge you to give it a go.There are hundreds of different recipes, but as far as I can tell they are all good. Like Spaghetti Carbonara.

explorerboy

The wife and I have porridge (50g each, full fate oats) with soft boiled eggs (one for her, two for me) with sliced green onions and sriracha.

Lush.

wheelsonfire1

Porridge with onions and eggs? I thought having chutney or aubergine pickle on toast was strange! And.. full fate oats? I’d rather not know!

benp1

A full fry up is the only meal I could never get bored of, I look forward to it everyday, can’t say the same about other meals. Don’t eat it every day for health reasons, but I totally would if there was a healthy version!

I often cheat with thinly sliced, well cooked chorizo and eggs. It’s not healthy but it’s quick, goes great in a wrap

wheelsonfire1

Oh yes, a full fry up. Discovered a cafe in what used to be a miner’s welfare in Clay Cross. £4.95, I have to work up to it, not work up to it, but starve myself is perhaps the best description. Lovely place.

Philby

Can’t believe the proportion of folk who have coffee for breakfast. What has become of the traditional British cuppa?

Breakfast for me is either porridge made with water with some golden syrup and sometimes raisins, sunflower and pumpkin seeds, or granola.

Frequently have 2 boiled eggs which are my favourite way to eat eggs followed by a couple of slices of toast with marmalade, jam or peanut butter.

Occasionally have an omelette (particularly if it’s brunch) or scrambled or poached eggs on toast. If I’m in a rush will just have a couple of slices of toast and marmalade, and once every few months will cook a full English.

All the above will be washed down with a pot of tea – can’t cope with coffee first thing.

Paradiso
    Free Member

2 lightly toasted hot x buns with a thick layer of smooth peanut butter and mashed banana or sweet jam-strawberry or blackcurrant-in each.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

For years it’s been a strong coffee and a bowl of cereal (weetabix-alike, shreddies-alike, oats, or a mix often with some mixed dried fruit) within minutes of getting up.

But recently it’s been reduced to just the coffee, as a trial to see if I eat a bit less overall through the day.

On work days (starting 0630) I have my first break at ~0930 and buy/consume a meal deal (sandwich, flapjack, for goodness shake). Back home by 1500 and I’d be hungry again so I’ll snack (often cold hot cross buns or choc raisins), then dinner at ~1900. Cereal if hungry before bedtime just before 2100 instead of the old snacks.
    On days off like the next five days, I’ll try to hold out eating anything until ~1000, then either have cereal; a banana; a single hot cross bun etc. to keep me going until after lunchtime Zwift sprint race (today https://zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=2942379 Sea To Tree at 1200 and then https://zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=2942381 1 lap Hilly route reverse at 1215).

Generally, I do seem to be losing some weight, went from 84Kg to 81Kg since early March… Been snacking more, slipping into old bad habits since weekend, so I’ve put on ~0.5Kg

sadexpunk

What keeps me going to lunchtime is not having breakfast. On the occasions I do have anything at breakfast time I’m hungry again by 10.30 / 11ish. If I don’t eat breakfast then I’m not hungry at all.

same here, so tend to have my ‘breakfast’ for dinner (lunch). 2 oatibix mixed with an unflavoured protein shake rather than just milk, which makes it really creamy. handful of raisins in there too and maybe a sprinkling of chia seeds from time to time.

Kryton57

I alternate so also:

Breakfast #1, Peanut butter & marmite on toast

Breakfast #2, Poached eggs on toast, with marmite on the toast

Both washed down with fresh coffee.

convert

This is me too. I used the 800 diet to shift some much needed weight 3 years ago and got into the habit then of also doing restricted time eating – 8 hours between first and last calories. I’ve got into more of an equilibrium since then but the habit of not intaking any calories most days until 1130 or later stuck. Black coffee only for me for breakfast. I can ride to work (27 miles) and then do a morning’s work without issue like this. I only break this habit if I’ve got a mega day (a big mountain day or a long bike ride planned) or for social reasons on a birthday/xmas etc when I’ll have a light breakfast. But it is the days when I do have a light breakfast that I feel most hungry before lunch. Weird.

fasthaggis

Tea,tea and more tea, then porridge with dried fruit and a black coffee chaser..<< weekdays
    Baps with deconstructed sausages, scrambled eggs and mushrooms,
    or toast with peanut butter and jam.. << weekends

fatbrad
    Free Member

Toast with real butter. Or being a displaced Stokie Cheesey Oatcakes. That’s if I can be bothered to make any oatcakes to start with.

IHN

Am I alone in thinking “get those f——g cats off the worktop, you filthy b@$t@rd”.

Sorry fella, but that’s grim.

Kinda similar, I don’t have breakfast until about two hours after I get up (so at 8:30 after waking up at 6:30), and find that I’m then not hungry until lunchtime. Maybe it’s because I’m two hours nearer lunch, but I think it’s something to do with blood sugar/insulin response.

wheelsonfire1

Today – toast with proper butter, marmite with marmalade on top. Sort of sweet and sour.

MoreCashThanDash

Just succumbed to a Costa Breakfast Wrap – like a dirty McDonald’s but twice the price.

Rona

Most days – porridge – rice flakes, oats, coconut milk, various additions.

Now and again – toast, butter, jam.

At Christmas – hot mince pie and cream.

deconstructed sausages

😆

benp1

I’m home alone today, so could make a fry up without having to cater for the whole family 🙂

Eggs, sausages and beans. With some sriracha chilli sauce, and an aeropressed black coffee. Heaven

creakingdoor
    Free Member

Two toasted sourdough slices dressed with a bed of spinach and a couple of poached eggs, still runny, on top. Chilli flakes and black pepper to season. That’s when I have time.
    Otherwise two Weetabix and skimmed milk.
    Or Porridge. The real stuff. Not that ReadyBrek shite.

alanf
    Free Member

4 poached eggs on 4 buttered toast with black pepper and Hendo’s or 2 wheat biscuits with homemade museli and mixed seeds/nuts and semi skimmed followed by 2/3 rounds of toast depending how hungry I am. Sometimes I’ll split the cereal/toast if I’m running or cycling and have the toast weh I get back in.

IHN

For every egg poached, there’s an egg that would have been better fried 🙂

edward2000
    Free Member

1) Pinhead oats (lower GI than rolled oats), peanut butter, grated apple and cinnamon.

2) Salmon and scrambled eggs if i dont want/need the carbs.

Both breakfasts ensure the hunger cravings are kept at bay!

explorerboy

Give it a whirl. Sometimes I use chicken or umami stock instead of milk.

And whilst you make it, you can stare into the Milky abyss and see your fate!

binners

Two toasted sourdough slices dressed with a bed of spinach and a couple of poached eggs

Green things have no right to be anywhere near a breakfast! 😉

BillOddie

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 114 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.