• This topic has 3,406 replies, 193 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Jamie.
Viewing 40 posts - 881 through 920 (of 3,407 total)
  • Brazil 2014. The World Cup thread
  • teamhurtmore
    Free Member

WTF is Rooney doing deep left midfield??? Get up front and pit the ball in the bloody net.

yossarian
    Free Member

think you’re right with gerard, rooney nah

Stirling will create more up the middle than Rooney.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Playing to form. Good job our hopes were not raised this time round. C’mon Woy time to earn your money.

warton
    Free Member

Rooney stifles this team. Replace him with anyone, and put Sterling back through the middle.

He’s had more than enough chances, he’s quite simply not good enough.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Rooney stifles this team

Explanation required. As a scot, I couldn’t really give a hoot how England get on, positive or negative, but I don’t understand how you lot end up despising your best players. Quite bizarre.

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

I reckon he’s better than you though and not many can pass a ball as accurately as him. Suarez is playing well though

yossarian
    Free Member

Roy Hodgson had very little choice other than to pick and play Rooney and Gerard. However the game has moved on and neither of them are capable of slotting into the style and mindset we need.

Press high, interchange positions, break at high speed. That’s not what the old guard is about.

seosamh77
    Free Member

warton – Member
    Rooney stifles this team. Replace him with anyone, and put Sterling back through the middle.

He’s had more than enough chances, he’s quite simply not good enough.enough chances? youse have given him bugger all chances, that’s your problem here, seriously lacking creativity from midfield. I’m almost reverting to type and wanting youse pumped because of it! 😆

Klunk
    Free Member

too easy to break on england the balance of the side is wrong and they need another “proper” midfielder in there. It’s the kind of formation you have at home when you’re chasing the game and taking risks.

bearnecessities

he’s quite simply not good enough

Sorry, but that’s arse!

seosamh77
    Free Member

hart was piss poor for the goal btw.

theotherjonv

Eh? Hart? What should he have done?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Hart, whilst not looking great at the goal, shouldn’t have been involved. 2 strikers and 5 defenders in the box? Keeper shouldn’t have to even think about it.

seosamh77
    Free Member

theotherjonv – Member
    Eh? Hart? What should he have done?

reacted better, still might not have saved, but it was a feeble attempt to save it.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Nobeerinthefridge – Member
    Hart, whilst not looking great bat the goal, shouldn’t have been involved. 2 strikers and 5 defenders in the box? Keeper shouldn’t have to even think about it.

this is true. but he was called upon.

warton
    Free Member

I reckon he’s better than you though

really, you think? I love the “you’re not as good, so you can’t have an opinion” argument, really works well.

enough chances? youse have given him bugger all chances

Sorry, but that’s arse!

3 world cup finals, no goals. not good enough for a number 10, and supposedly a world class player .

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Christ, not this again. Chiles ‘we’re not dirty enough’….

oldboy
    Free Member

Huddersfield Town, on a good day, could beat this lot. 🙂 Sorry, but England look pretty hopeless tonight!

Junkyard
    Free Member

feel sorry for you

Winning clearly on points and the majority of the chances and then a goal from nothing

They should be playing with 10 as well

Englands defence and left side are weak though.

theotherjonv

Have watched it again, and you’re right to a degree – his footwork wasn’t great and he got a wee bit wrong footed, and couldn’t push off properly. But still think he had no chance.

Jamie
    Free Member

Blimey.

That should not be happening.

yossarian
    Free Member

I think we are going home tonight chaps.

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

Warton lad you should be watching the match not biting on here!

Jamie
    Free Member

I think we are going home tonight chaps.

Meh. I’ll just go to my backup team….erm…Greece.

Anyway. Someone give Roy a prod, and let him know his plan isn’t working.

warton
    Free Member

Warton lad you should be watching the match not biting on here!

a laptop means i can do both 🙂

look at the Italy game, Sterling attacked players, turned them (something Rooney cannot do), had them scared, it lifted the team, and got them playing.

Tonight there’s been one change, Rooney taking his preferred place again, we we revert to type. coincidence?

EDIT: He’s had three chances tonight, the free kick, the header, and that one there, and he’s hit the target once, and that was at the keeper. not good enough for a ‘world class player’

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Oh god this is awful. Isnt Rooney meant to playing at 10? Why is he on the wing and too deep

At least he was in the correct spot then

Jamie
    Free Member

Quick! We need some eye bleach!

Hellooooo Giroooooud.

Jamie
    Free Member

OMG! WE ALMOST SSCOREDEOKFOEFED!!

yossarian
    Free Member

You CANNOT miss those

Junkyard
    Free Member

rooney hatrick on the way

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

“That’ll be sore”, my arse. Grown up men, not pussies. Townsend stop talking bllx

Jamie
    Free Member

Phwoar!

spud-face

Hello Sailor!

Jamie
    Free Member

Ooof! He just got knocked the **** out.

Cheeky!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

“That’ll be sore”, my arse. Grown up men, not pussies. Townsend stop talking bllx

That hard enough for you?

theotherjonv

Controversial, but sterling hasn’t been good enough tonight. Running into blind alleys, running into other’s space. Nearly ate my words there, but he hasn’t done it for me.

Jamie
    Free Member

Soooooo. Same time in 4 years then, folks? 😀

Controversial, but sterling hasn’t been good enough tonight. Running into blind alleys, running into other’s space. Nearly ate my words there, but he hasn’t done it for me.

You wead woy’s mind.

binners

Jesus! That bloke must be nails! Or have a head made of rock!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Wellbeck is awful, but avoids the criticism that Rooney gets.

seosamh77
    Free Member

theotherjonv – Member

he’s had a few men on him everytime, very little space to move, but ultimately you are right i think stirling and sturridge are getting nullified. the creativity needs to come from elsewhere, which it isn’t. Lacking a plan b I think.

Viewing 40 posts - 881 through 920 (of 3,407 total)

The topic ‘Brazil 2014. The World Cup thread’ is closed to new replies.