• This topic has 3,406 replies, 193 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Jamie.
Viewing 40 posts - 801 through 840 (of 3,407 total)
  • Brazil 2014. The World Cup thread
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Not going to be interesting now. Going back to my room, may watch the second half with my clothes off.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Pics molly or it never happened

Crazy red card that one

fasternotfatter
    Free Member

How much did Chelsea pay for Fabregas? He only made the bench.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Time for bed 4-0

Junkyard
    Free Member

not a bad game but one sides after the sending off

Mexico Croatia is a decider

soobalias
    Free Member

just sent out the weekly calling notice for the thursday night ride.

first year in at least three that the longest thursday night of the year is set to be dry and fast – and Ive cancelled to watch the footy.

#sickwithnerves

seosamh77
    Free Member

Today’s predictions

Columbia v ivory coast – columbia 2-0
    Uruguay v england – england 2-1
    Greece v japan – 0-0

Btw whisper it but I actually enjoyed England’s attacking fitba last game. And im all about supporting the most attacking teams, support may be a bit strong a word mind you! 😆 but honestly, good luck to yeez!

Jamie
    Free Member

Holland v Oz – Draw
    Spain v Chile – Spain Win
    Cameroon v Croatia – Draw

After my insightful predictions yesterday, I should probably leave this alone now:

….but, here we go:

Columbia V Ivory Coast – Columbia 1-2
    Uruguay V England – England 2-2
    Greece V Japan – 0-1

PrinceJohn

Ok according to my soccer 6 guesses (so far I’ve been to inaccurate to call them predictions…)

Columbia 2 – Cote d’Ivoire 1
    Uruguay 0 – England 3
    Greece 0 – Japan 1

So clearly I was drunk…

binners

Jamie – please don’t ever start backing your predictions by putting money on them. We’d hate to see you destitute

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Colombia 3 – CdI – 1
    Uruguay 1 – England 2 – but Rooney won’t score!
    Greece 1 – Japan 0

Jamie
    Free Member

Jamie – please don’t ever start backing your predictions by putting money on them. We’d hate to see you destitute

Too late. I chucked a tenner on Spain to win the tournament before it started.

Bugger.

Edit. Just realised my formatting was off in prediction post. That should be Colombia to lose 2-1, and Greece to lose 1-0.

johndoh
    Free Member

England to win 3 nil. Rooney to score first.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Really hope England do the job on Uruguay this evening and play the kind of footie they played against Italy. Costa Rica to beat Italy. England and Costa Rica to go through. Italy to join Spain on the charter plane home. With France to follow after their earlyish exit. And Suarez to stay injury free. Can someone work out the odds on a combination bet on the above please? 🙂

seosamh77
    Free Member

I’ll give ye 500:1! 1p maximum stake! 😆

rjj
    Free Member

Loving this world cup so far..keep putting off turbo sesisons as well as actual rides to watch it. First time my kids (9 & 6) have taken an active interest in watching football – they are also really getting into it. My 6yo son loves it – creeps down every night and sits and watches it with me in for 10 minutes goes back to bed comes down again five minutes later for another 10 minutes!! My thoughts are that it only happens every four years and hopefully he will have the same memories I have of watching 86 and 90

EDIT: England 2-0 winners (preying that Rooney gets at least one so that attention can be focused elsewhere)

seosamh77
    Free Member

rjj – Member
    EDIT: England 2-0 winners (preying that Rooney gets at least one so that attention can be focused elsewhere)

From outside the bubble, criticism of Rooney looks ridiculous btw, play him in his correct position.

jambalaya
    Free Member

England to sneak a sketchy nervous 1-0. I cannot watch as have end of term performance of my youngest daughter, probably for the best.

What’s the over/under on Suarez dives ?

rjj
    Free Member

[What’s the over/under on Suarez dives ?]

Highly likely – if he does play I want to see some hard tackles going in on him early.

the-muffin-man

if he does play I want to see some hard tackles going in on him early.

I think Brendan Rogders will have called all of his players and told them to go easy on him! Liverpool need a nice fit Suarez for the start of the season.

Klunk
    Free Member

it will end in tears, quite literally. can you get odds on who will blub ?

johndoh
    Free Member

Suarez surely must struggle (just like Ronaldo has done) trying to come back from an injury and not being at full fitness.

Yes, I know this will probably mean he demolishes us singlehandedly – I’ll take the flaming later…

fathomer

Great tournament so far but not looking forward to tonight! My predictions for this evening:

Columbia 2 v 0 Ivory Coast
    Uruguay 1 v 1 England
    Greece 1 v 2 Japan

Rockape63
    Free Member

I hope I don’t regret it but I just can’t believe Suarez (if he even plays!) will be fit enough to play at his normal level.

C’mon Stevie G and the boys….lets see you make up for the Italy game!

pondo

Columbia 1 v 2 Ivory Coast
    Uruguay 0 v 3 England
    Greece 1 v 1 Japan

I think we’re due a performance, and the signs were there against Italy. That’s what I’m telling myself, anyway…

lemonysam
    Free Member

.lets see you make up for the Italy game!

“Make up” for one of the most exciting and coherent England performances in years?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

1,000,000 – nil England. C’MAAAAAAARRRRN!

Might start drinking on the drive home.

Back in the real world it’s going to be watched from behind a cushion in perpetual state of panic, in all honesty I think they’ll be too good for us and will be smarting after losing to costa rica.

Rockape63
    Free Member

“Make up” for one of the most exciting and coherent England performances in years?

We lost….end of! Our highest paid ‘best’ player couldn’t hit the target from 7 yds!

So yes, an exciting performance becomes very unexciting when you lose and have to catch the flight home!

binners

Can we just clear something up before it all kicks off please?

Scousers … can we all be agreed that he’s a nasty, cheating, diving, racist, cannibal bastard? You can get all touchy and defensive about him again come the start of Premiership season, but for the time being pretend you’re a fan of any other club, and chant after me…

You can stick your racist striker up your…..

😉

johndoh
    Free Member

We lost….end of! Our highest paid ‘best’ player couldn’t hit the target from 7 yds!

So yes, an exciting performance becomes very unexciting when you lose and have to catch the flight home!
    But that isn’t the point. I, for one, would rather we play as well as we did on Saturday and end up coming home than having another tournament full of turgid performances that have been the norm in recent years.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Not a word said about drogbas blantent dive. 😆 funny that when the player is liked by the commentators.

soobalias
    Free Member

3 – 0

PrinceJohn

Ok so the first prediction was correct…. Let’s hope the second one is as well….

bikebouy
    Free Member

2-1 Uruguay 😆

I have 2 cans of wifebeater and a pizza, and I’m hunkered down listening to Adrian Chiles 😆

soobalias
    Free Member

call it 4-2-3-1 all you like

four four f*****g two

CMON

Jamie
    Free Member

Right. LET’S DO THIS:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNDP11XVg94[/video]

Jamie
    Free Member

Columbia v Ivory Coast – 1-2
    Uruguay v England – 2-2
    Greece v Japan – 0-1

Off to a blinding start as usual 😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Is it Andy Townsend? (I haven’t switched the TV on yet.)

Please say it’s Andy Townsend.

Jamie
    Free Member

Please say it’s Andy Townsend.

What he’s done there, is ask a question he knows the answer to.

Naughty.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

What you’ve done there is tell me the answer in a more roundabout way than I could ever do myself.

Tasty.

Viewing 40 posts - 801 through 840 (of 3,407 total)

The topic ‘Brazil 2014. The World Cup thread’ is closed to new replies.