Home Forums Bike Forum Brand X dropper lever problem

• This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by FOG.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Brand X dropper lever problem
  • FOG

I have the older Brand X dropper where the lever has a single bolt holding the lever to the bar clamp. Loosened it off to remove it from bars to add something inboard and now can’t get it to work again . Every time I use the lever the whole assembly swivels round the bolt. There doesn’t seem anyway to get the lever to lodge on the clamp so it will actuate the cable. Help please! I have disassembled it quite a few times and still can’t see how to make it work

ta11pau1

Is it this one?

If so, don’t bother trying to repair, they’re junk.

Pretty sure the lever part just has a shaped section that fits onto/into the clamp part to stop it rotating.

edit: this is the newer lever but the old one is the same, the flat on the clamp part fits into the flat section on the lever part.

You’ve either rounded that bit off, or bolted it up on top of the clamp, so it’s not sitting “in” the lever recess.

FOG

Yep that’s the little rascal. I can see more expenditure is called for! Do any of the various other cable dropper remotes fit? Something better than Brand X might be better. Post is fine , remote crap.

kneed
    Free Member

Can you post up photos of both ends of the lever / bolt: I’m curious as to why its not going back together.

In the meantime- and if you really want to spend money – this is the standard answer to cable lever recommendendations – but takes about 10 days to get to the UK :
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ZTTO-ADJUSTABLE-METAL-MECHANICAL-MTB-SEATPOST-DROPPER-REMOTE-LEVER-SHIFTER-STRIC/133007098951?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Tons of other sellers are available for ZTTO.

mulacs

Get the ztto one.

matt_outandabout

Get the ztto one.

+1

For the money, they are ace.

Much better than the original.

Poopscoop

I have the ZTTO one and the Bonty one.

The Bonty one is *SO* much nicer made than the ZTTO one.

That said, they both work fine. The Bonty one is just nicer.👍

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Just put the brand X lever back together the right way and it will be just fine .

Poopscoop

Oh! Bonty now make an even nicer trigger with I-Spec II and matchmaker compatibility.

Damn you op, in going to “have” to get one now.lol

https://www.cycle-technology.co.uk/shop/products/bontrager-line-elite-dropper-under-bar-lever

null

dc1988

Does the Bonty one run on a bearing

teethgrinder

Don’t think so.

FOG

Finally got the Brand X back together but have ordered a different one. I can’t be bothered with the faff every time I need to move controls about

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Brand X dropper lever problem’ is closed to new replies.