Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Brand X Ascend wobbling about–help!
  • timblake7

Anyone know how to stop a Brand X Ascent 120 from wobbling about (rotating inside itself a couple of degrees). Thanks

wzzzz
    Free Member

send it back, the warranty is good (2 years iirc?)

Or it needs new key bushings, I think theres a service kit out there from a rebranded same seatpost trans x or another brand can’t remember have a search.

trail_rat
    Free Member

a couple of degrees sounds normal .

Mines always had that – its never bothered me. Moves more than my other droppers thats for sure – still rate it.

plus-one

Mine has wee bit of play not noticeable in use. Been that way since new

Simon

The wobble on my 18 month old Brand X dropper got progressively worse until I could feel it moving when riding. I contacted CRC and they refunded me and let me keep the post.

tdog
    Free Member

Yeah mine rocks all over the mofo place

Side and back and forth even jolts down then up over high speed bumps at times but man does it really matter – nahhhhh cause it does the job

It’ll bother you less if you just shrug it off

As all droppers have a lil bit of inherent play

ico86

Same as the pro Koryak & raceface aefect posts as well, those are the easiest service kits to find.
    A new set of keys really helped mine, also the older ones had a crap seal. Fore-at play = significant wear at the back of the stanchion right by the seal, so worth checking.

timblake7

Thanks for all this guys. The most annoying thing is it shaking the mudguard off line! So I’ve splashed out on a stay fixed Mudhugger.
    Happy Christmas!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Brand X Ascend wobbling about–help!’ is closed to new replies.