Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Brake hose frame guides – too large for brake hose.
  • fisha
    Free Member

just bought a frame which has brake hose guides that are open ended with no zip-tie hole on them.

My brake hose is thinner than the guide, so it doesn't stay in the guide.

How do others over come this? Is there little clip adapters to hold the brake hose that you can clip around the hose that fills the gap between the thin brake hose and large frame guide?

cheers

Don

wwaswas

I just wrap a bit of electrical tape around the hose where it presses into the guide.

uplink
    Free Member

You want some of these

I've been looking for some myself so if anyone knows of a source, I'd appreciate the info

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

pix

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Mine has that. I luckily had some spare 'bungs' from my old trek frame which worked. They are plastic spacers which are split down the middle so the hose can go through. Very difficult to explain

Personally if i lost them i would just use electrical tape the same colour as the brake hhose. Wrap it around until it is sufficienct thickness to be held in place.

The part you are looking for is something you will get from a lbs or M componants

fisha
    Free Member

uplink – thats exactly the kind of thing I was looking for.

GeeWavetree – will do shortly

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Balls, too slow

fisha
    Free Member

jagwire apparently do the clips pictured above, but i cant see anywhere in the UK that sells them.

MrKmkII
    Free Member

my spesh stumpy has guides like that – i got an lbs to fit some avid brakes and they used some of those split bungs. just ask at a local shop – radical thought i know! 😮 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Brake hose frame guides – too large for brake hose.’ is closed to new replies.