Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 83 total)
  • ragged to within an inch of its life
  • dasnut
    Free Member

was what lapierre said when I sent my zesty back for a warranty claim due to a crack in the BB.

cheers

ton

🙄

singlecrack
    Free Member

you had an inch left *shakes head*

dasnut
    Free Member

tis true, ask crosstrax who kindly dealt with the warranty claim
    Lapierre also said it had been "raced", possibly at mountain of hell, because there was a mountain of hell sticker on there, however that was 2007, I got the bike 2008.

Still, I did rag it, but then again, its a mountain bike.

tazzymtb

my hero, can I be your pit bitch?

Slogo
    Free Member

well you killed it, so not within an inch!

alfabus
    Free Member

was it a congratulatory comment, or a reason for not honouring the warranty?

Dave

geetee1972
    Free Member

Much kudos to you mate! I'd be dead proud if someone had said that about my riding!

mollyiom
    Free Member

apart from the comments, how were lapierre on dealing with the claim? I may have an issue with my frame.

backhander
    Free Member

2 years old and dead? How often do you ride? Are they replacing it?
    It seems that a LOT of lapierres are having problems mainly around the BB yet they don't seem to have gained the reputation that commencals did.

Burls72
    Free Member

Do you have any recent pictures?

flamejob
    Free Member

I will second the witness that was Daz's LaPierre.

He rags it.

Do they really not warranty frames that have been ridden hard? Evil.

dasnut
    Free Member

to be clear, they are still honouring the warranty – however only replacing the front triangle
    The crack is either due to a manufacturing fault, or caused by the stupid integrated bottom bracket thing
    But, if the front triangle and swing arm no longer match, they will to coin a phrase and nick jases name, be getting a "flame job" on this very forum.
    As for commencal comparisons, ridiculous, commencal had a serious manufacturing issue last year, a few lapdogs have cracked, big wow

as for turn around, it will be around a week (!), but then the Lapierre rep was in Crosstrax when I took it in, so he "expedited" it 🙂

backhander
    Free Member

To be fair, I think it's more than a few and was also due to a manufacturing error. They may have fixed it by now, but I wouldn't buy one.

jordie
    Free Member

French bikes sound about as good as french cars

Crag
    Free Member

To within an inch of it's life? Must have been ridden beyond it's intended use to draw that comment.

taka
    Free Member

halfrauds said the same thing about a dimondback "MTB" i bought they claimed it broke because it was ridden offroad…

singlespeedstu

Can you post up some pictures of yourself so we can all worship your wikid awsumnes.

dasnut
    Free Member

sure thing

Lapierre, if you're watching, thats my nomad, not my zesty 🙂

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

dasnut

Still, I did rag it, but then again, its a mountain bike.

Would it be reasonable to expect an xc bike to take the sort of abuse a dh bike does?

dasnut
    Free Member

It never got the abuse a DH bike does.
    I never used it on a uplift day for instance.
    Never been to the alps.
    Never been ridden on a "DH" track.

Its been ridden fast and loose downhill a lot though. Even on "XC" rides you go fast downhill right?
    I'm not so quick going uphill however.

singlespeedstu

i bet girlz get pregnent just from lucking at you.
    i bet you can do a skid that goes on for eva.

stevomcd
    Free Member

We frequently get similar tales from the local hire shops when we bring fecked bikes back to them.

"You've been riding this on the mountains, haven't you!"

GSuperstar
    Free Member

It amuses me how jealous some people are 🙂

Still… makes for a good read which is why we all stay on STW 😀

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Even on "XC" rides you go fast downhill right?

Yeah fair point I guess. What sort of downhill pointing type riding are we talking here though? If I rode my trail bike on my local steeper techy trails (not dh tracks) everyday I would expect it to break. I just wouldnt trust it or expect it to withstand such riding. But if I was razzing it around mellower trails, eg flowy singlerack I would expect it to hold up.

If only we had some niches we could separate bikes into.

rOcKeTdOg

The crack is either due to a manufacturing fault, or caused by the stupid integrated bottom bracket thing

so, to summarise, it broke because it was faulty, not because you "ragged" it

maybe "ragged" as in over polishing? 😉

dasnut
    Free Member

I'm afraid its all mountain biking to me, and the zesty is the bike of choice for it.
    If you ride to the top and don't feel the need to wear body armour or a full face helmet to ride back down it, then a 140mm travel trail bike should cope. (ok I took my full face up skiddaw but thats rare)

To be fair its lasted 18months or so.

dasnut
    Free Member

no, the crack has nothing to do with my elite riding skillz, hence why they had to warranty it

they weren't going to warranty it because they thought it had been raced,
    mainly because they thought I'd done mountain of hell on it due to there being a mountain of hell sticker on the swing arm. (I did that on a vp-free, in fact)

the ragged comment was just in general

phoenixfromtheflame
    Free Member

I get the fast bit, but what the **** is loose?

dasnut
    Free Member

if you saw me ride, you would know 😉

phoenixfromtheflame
    Free Member

My guess is that you fall off a lot due to the lack of skillz. Is that what loose means?

In my experience any bike can handle whatever you throw at it, but only if you ride it well with good technique. I'm thinking Jedi's huge assed drop on his hummer….

Crag
    Free Member

I've broke 2 metas that couldn't handle everything I threw at it.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

phoenix from the flame

In my experience any bike can handle whatever you throw at it, but only if you ride it well with good technique.

I think I've seen pro riders make mistakes, they happen. If a drop is smooth and you nail it, sure, you can do it on your granny's bike. If you case it……..you might want to have some retard compensation.

I'm thinking Jedi's huge assed drop on his hummer….

I'd like to see that.

dasnut
    Free Member

I have been known to fall off and break myself, but, when you are pushing the envelope, thats bound to happen right?

you are right of course, I shouldn't have bought one of these:

I'm only going to fall off it….

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

dasnut
    Free Member

crag, lapierres the new commencal, apparently, according to the self proclaimed all knowing oracle of mountain biking that is stw

(fact fans: commencal are from andorra, not france)

phoenixfromtheflame
    Free Member
    dasnut
    Free Member

woo nice drop 🙂

dasnut – you may well be full of yourself, however – respect for actually being able to back it up with proof.

If I had the stones to do a drop like that, I'd probably blow myself off too.

dasnut
    Free Member

artist, if you are referring to the video, thats not me.
    my video of doing big drops doesn't end so well

but since you asked, here it is:
    dasnuts big drops

squeal little piggy, squeal!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 83 total)

The topic ‘ragged to within an inch of its life’ is closed to new replies.