Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Brake adaptor for IS brake to post frame.
  • granny_ring

Mate is buying my frame but wants to use his ancient arse about face shifting brake/shifter XTR gear and my frame is post mount and his brakes are IS.
    Had a look through what adaptors I’ve got and pretty sure it’s not possible?
    Happy to be proved wrong though…. Anyone?
    Cheers.

Gribs

The Hope part is HBSM20H. He’ll need 20mm bigger discs too. Good luck trying to find one now though.

thols2

I don’t think it’s possible with an off-the-shelf adapter. He should be able to replace the caliper and keep using the old lever, just a matter of making sure hoses and fittings are compatible.

vmgscot

Possibly… I have my old Hope IS Mono Mini’s mounted on my DVO PM fork (with a Hope adaptor).

teethgrinder

Hope HBSM20H is what you need. I have one.

nixie

You can probably just fit a PM caliper to the arse about face levers.

granny_ring

Thanks guys. I’ll have a look later and message those that have them cheers.
    I need it for the forks too 🙈
    I had a look at a deore caliper I’ve got but the fittings are different.
    This is turning into a right pita swap…..

wzzzz
    Free Member

These will work fine

https://clee-cycles.co.uk/P1043/product

KCNC Disc Brake Adapter Post Fork – IS Caliper

Disc calliper adapters to mount IS callipers on to post mount forks and frames.

They may not fit all callipers to all forks as there is very little clearance on some designs! If it does not fit – it can be returned.

160-160mm Disc Calliper Adapter – no increase in rotor size – to mount a 160mm IS calliper on a post mount fork with a 160mm disc.

Will also fit a 180mm IS calliper to a post mount fork with a 180mm disc, or a 200mm IS calliper to a post mount fork with a 200mm disc. You do not have to go up a disc size

160-180mm Disc Calliper Adapter – 20mm increase in rotor size – will fit a 160mm IS Calliper to a post fork to run a 180mm rotor – includes black spacers and washers.

160-203mm Disc Calliper Adapter – 43mm increase in rotor size – will fit a 160mm IS Calliper to a post fork to run a 203mm rotor – includes black spacers and washers.

Rear Callipers – the 160-160mm Adapter will mount a 140mm Rear IS Calliper to a 160mm post mount frame with a 160mm rotor – you have to use a 160mm rotor – it is not possible to use a 140mm rotor if the frame is designed for a 160mm post mount.

the 160-160mm Adapter will mount a 160mm Rear IS Calliper to a 160mm post mount frame with a 180mm rotor – you have to use a 180mm rotor – it is not possible to use a 160mm rotor if the frame is designed for a 160mm post mount. [The rear IS mount is designed for a 140mm rotor – this means a 160mm front IS calliper fits a 140mm rotor when mounted on the rear. 160mm rear IS callipers are the same as a 180mm front IS calliper. ]

granny_ring

Thanks for help.
    Spoke to mate and he’s decided not to buy the frame now, due to the added costs so I’ve stripped the bike for nowt….but on the upside I’ve learned something new 🙂

twrch
    Free Member

I have one of those KCNC adapters going spare, if your mate is still interested. I was trying something very similar (fitting ancient Hope brakes to a new fork), but that’s when I learned that newer forks take a 180mm rotor by default, and not 160mm.

intheborders
    Free Member

due to the added costs

Of an adaptor, just how little was he paying you for the frame?

granny_ring

No, more than the adapters – discs, cranks + wheels on top of the frame. His call, said he doesn’t have the extra funds.
    Shame as I’ve stripped down a lovely bike!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Brake adaptor for IS brake to post frame.’ is closed to new replies.